Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Optics ready DA/SA?

Quote Originally Posted by bigslim View Post
    Thanks for the offer I’m in Springboro, what range do you go to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Check your PMs
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    CZ make an Optics ready Shadow 2. Tanfoglio had optics ready guns at IWA.
    Unfortunately I dont beleive either of those are being imported to the US anytime soon.

For CZs, CZ Custom mills their own plate system into any CZ75 based gun. It does cost a fair bit of $$ plus a long wait time (2 months last I checked). They have an option for a rear iron sight plate if you want to go back to irons.

I suppose the unicorn I was searching for was a da/sa g 19/17 mos. Seeing as that’s not an option I suppose I’ll start researching suitable host’s.

Site Supporter
    Does anyone make a optics ready da/sa pistol? I currently carry a PX4CC and want to check out mrds but don’t want to mill my slides just yet.

You are aware of what LTT is doing about this with the PX4, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    You are aware of what LTT is doing about this with the PX4, right?
    Yes. I’ve made a compromise with the CC by not being able to have a light. If I’m going to put a dot on a pistol I would like to have a light option. Looking on his site there are no longer full size factory guns available that are set up like the CC. I’m not set up for or have the patients to deal with small pins and what not to build a full size. I had a hard enough time changing out the hammers on my CC’s.

Site Supporter
    Yes. I’ve made a compromise with the CC by not being able to have a light. If I’m going to put a dot on a pistol I would like to have a light option. Looking on his site there are no longer full size factory guns available that are set up like the CC. I’m not set up for or have the patients to deal with small pins and what not to build a full size. I had a hard enough time changing out the hammers on my CC’s.

My understanding is that, as a custom shop, they would be able to set you up with whatever you want if it isn’t available as a regular package item by contacting them directly. I could be wrong, but I’d check on that if I wanted a PX4 b/c I don’t love changing small parts and pins myself.

My understanding is that, as a custom shop, they would be able to set you up with whatever you want if it isn’t available as a regular package item by contacting them directly. I could be wrong, but I’d check on that if I wanted a PX4 b/c I don’t love changing small parts and pins myself.
    I hadn’t considered that but I wonder if at that point is support for the platform gone and worth investing anymore money into it?

Site Supporter
    I hadn’t considered that but I wonder if at that point is support for the platform gone and worth investing anymore money into it?

Dunno. When/if I get a gun and dot sight package, I’m planning on a Glock, b/c I don’t see a 92 getting a slide mounted dot on it.

Maybe one mounted on the frame rail on an M9A1 or 92a1... hmm.

Yes. I’ve made a compromise with the CC by not being able to have a light. If I’m going to put a dot on a pistol I would like to have a light option.
    I take it that you are mentioning the full size lights like the X300 and TLR1 however, some people here have mounted the TLR7/8 on theirs.

Name:  FB75858D-E743-47F3-93E6-5FA9024BF673.jpg
Views: 723
Size:  38.2 KB

Dunno. When/if I get a gun and dot sight package, I’m planning on a Glock, b/c I don’t see a 92 getting a slide mounted dot on it.

Maybe one mounted on the frame rail on an M9A1 or 92a1... hmm.
    It would be easier to just get a glock but I ride the slide stop so no lock back on empty and mags don’t fall freely for me either. Not to mention loosing the benefits of da/sa.

P30’s are problematic as you have to have the proper slide for milling. I’m hoping to get to shoot a P-07 this week. I ride the slide stop on 226’s also but haven’t been behind a 229 yet, maybe that’s an option.

User Tag List