Thread: Legal Online Training

Legal Online Training

Online training for the legal aspects of Self Defense with a firearm.

@blues recently mentioned Andrew Branca in a thread. I looked at Andrews training website and it seems he is well qualified. I saw endorsments by Massad Ayoob and Mike Seeklander.

https://lawofselfdefense.com/join/

https://lawofselfdefense.com/live-on...nus-recording/

Blues mentioned Andrew’s website or others like it.

Has anyone experience with Andrews or other similar websites?
    Recommend dont recommend, thoughts etc etc.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

I think his book, "The Law of Self Defense" is worth having.

It goes into detail about the legal tenets of self defense and provides specific state by state information that is extremely relevant.

I received a discount on the paper version of the book via a promotion from CCW Safe a year or two back.

His website has various levels of membership, including free, (which I have), but I only read stuff there periodically. He is always trying to sell to his audience, which can be a bit off-putting, but I think his info, by and large, is quite useful.

He is also on several CCW safe blog and video offerings.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network provides some legal info with their "insurance" membership.
    David S.

I was in law enforcement for a number of years, and during that time took a zillion firearms courses; some the department paid for but most I paid for. While so called on line courses may be good, I recommend Massad Ayoob's MAG-40 course to cops and civilians alike. Very affordable, and spot on. I've been to Gunsite a number of times, and their instruction is excellent as well as the amazing resources that they have (a number of different ranges, top instructors that are highly screened) and the wide variety of courses offered. But very costly. Mas gives the shooting segment of his course on a typical range that we all probably have at home, meaning fixed targets shooting from various distanced, most practical from a CC perspective, but excellent instruction from different locations around country, making travel less expensive than having to go long distances, motel etc. He offers on line advise on another Forum, and answers promptly.

Quote Originally Posted by marinedoc View Post
    I was in law enforcement for a number of years, and during that time took a zillion firearms courses; some the department paid for but most I paid for. While so called on line courses may be good, I recommend Massad Ayoob's MAG-40 course to cops and civilians alike. Very affordable, and spot on. I've been to Gunsite a number of times, and their instruction is excellent as well as the amazing resources that they have (a number of different ranges, top instructors that are highly screened) and the wide variety of courses offered. But very costly. Mas gives the shooting segment of his course on a typical range that we all probably have at home, meaning fixed targets shooting from various distanced, most practical from a CC perspective, but excellent instruction from different locations around country, making travel less expensive than having to go long distances, motel etc. He offers on line advise on another Forum, and answers promptly.
    I looked at his class its around a grand.

I took his course in person 4 or 5 years ago. Unfortunately, I didn't take extensive notes. However, I remember it being well presented and sensible. I should probably look into retaking it.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy T View Post
    I took his course in person 4 or 5 years ago. Unfortunately, I didn't take extensive notes. However, I remember it being well presented and sensible. I should probably look into retaking it.
    I definitely need to upgrade my knowledge base. Im going to take @blues recommendation and get that book as a starter.

User Tag List