Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Di Blasio and Cuomo feud

Di Blasio and Cuomo feud

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/02/cuom...-protests.html

Cuomo, a Democrat, said that he had offered to send the National Guard to New York City and that de Blasio, who is also a Democrat, had not accepted the offer. In comments that at times appeared to be thinly veiled threats, Cuomo repeatedly noted that a way to override de Blasio on the matter would be to “displace the mayor.”

“Can you displace a mayor? Yes. A mayor can be removed. It has not happened. I can’t find a precedent. But theoretically it is legally possible,” Cuomo said at one point. “It is a bizarre thing to try to do in this situation. I think it would make a bad situation worse. Also, I don’t think it’s necessary, because I believe the NYPD can do this, because the NYPD has done this.”
    Perfect gif...

#RESIST

Two guys I have little use for...but de Blasio is a blight upon the city. I am so glad I no longer live there, and my heart goes out to every law enforcement officer whose life this miserable wretch touches. (Let alone members of my own family and friends.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

battle of the incompetent dishonest asshats....where is my popcorn

Site Supporter
    My concern is that these continued dumpster fires in NY will drive more to NY residents to move to GA where they will vote for the same type of politicians who forced them to move to begin with.

Senator John Kennedy of Louisiana, (this morning on FOX), regarding de Blasio:

And I don’t know what planet Mayor De Blasio parachuted in from, but I don’t see him carrying his happy ass down there and trying to protect people....And if he doesn’t realize he needs help, then he’s not qualified to run a hotdog stand as far as I’m concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Senator John Kennedy of Louisiana, (this morning on FOX), regarding de Blasio:
    The interesting thing about that statement is that I'm not sure if he needs help, either.

On Monday night, NYPD only mustered 8,000 out of its 34,000 officers. I've been talking with a few people I know here and elsewhere who are in the same position as me, wondering why NYPD isn't surging numbers to deal with the civil unrest. Talking to another member here, his PD of 1800 can surge just over 50% manpower if needed. So why NYPD wasn't double those numbers is still a mystery to me, and I'm sure that ~16,000 officers would have been more than enough....adding a couple hundred Nat'l Guard certainly isn't going to be what saves the day. I think NYPDs perceived inability to control the situation might have more to do with political influences at the top which are limiting NYPD's response, as opposed to NYPDs actual capabilities.

At least, that's certainly been the case in many American cities over the last week....and when the police were allowed to poh-leece, things stopped being such a problem. If any of the LEOs here who are close to NYPD might be able to add some insight on the apparent weak numbers, I'd appreciate it; feel free to PM me if that's better for you.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    The interesting thing about that statement is that I'm not sure if he needs help, either.

On Monday night, NYPD only mustered 8,000 out of its 34,000 officers. I've been talking with a few people I know here and elsewhere who are in the same position as me, wondering why NYPD isn't surging numbers to deal with the civil unrest. Talking to another member here, his PD of 1800 can surge just over 50% manpower if needed. So why NYPD wasn't double those numbers is still a mystery to me, and I'm sure that ~16,000 officers would have been more than enough....adding a couple hundred Nat'l Guard certainly isn't going to be what saves the day. I think NYPDs perceived inability to control the situation might have more to do with political influences at the top which are limiting NYPD's response, as opposed to NYPDs actual capabilities.

At least, that's certainly been the case in many American cities over the last week....and when the police were allowed to poh-leece, things stopped being such a problem. If any of the LEOs here who are close to NYPD might be able to add some insight on the apparent weak numbers, I'd appreciate it; feel free to PM me if that's better for you.
    I dunno, as I'm not on the ground there. But I saw the rep from the NYPD Sergeant's assoc. speaking on FOX last night calling for assistance from the governor and president. Despite the politics of such organizations, I'd think he has a better handle on what they need than I do from here. Of course, I'm sure it's a ploy to get de Blasio to let them do their job (as they see fit) and un-handcuff the department.

All I know is, it's a sad state of affairs.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post

The boots are not on the ground because Warren Wilhelm wants NYC burned and looted and divided.
    Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Perfect gif...

Unfortunately just like a Godzilla movie, it's the people underfoot who get crushed.

One reason why I left is the increasingly unhealthy economic situation despite the appearance of prosperity. Taxes are already so high they can't be raised any more. Public debt is out of control, and infrastructure has been neglected for decades and would require billions, or trillions, just to catch up. Growth from the booming economy enabled the situation to prolong until we finally hit a major slowdown.

There are no more levers to pull. The only thing Cuomo and DiBlasio have left is to bicker and deflect voter anger at the other.

Apparently, he's busy trying to save NYC from the real threat- Jewish children playing outside and Hasidic prayer groups.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

User Tag List