Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Highwaymen

Fire up Netflix; it's available there now.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

teaching has its advantages, like a paid spring break. Just started it.

Oh yeah, I really enjoyed that. It made me realize how much I'm lacking a bad ass Fedora in my life, but then I remembered the Fedora has all but been ruined by neck beard Libertarians. Still might get one though.

Spoiler (highlight to read):
    What I liked most is that throughout the movie, Bonnie and Clyde were ghosts so to speak. There were really no full face shots until the final scene, just a few brief moments where you saw their outlines and partially covered faces. This allowed the movie to focus on Hamer and Gault. Very well done movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    It made me realize how much I'm lacking a bad ass Fedora in my life, but then I remembered the Fedora has all but been ruined by neck beard Libertarians.
    Easy, don't grow a neck beard. I keep my beard short, neatly trimmed, and my neck and underside of the jaw shaved.

The other extreme (operator neck beard) looks like (to borrow a phrase from my teenage daughter) something that I pulled out of my shower drain.
    Last edited by Alpha Sierra; 03-29-2019 at 03:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post

The other extreme (operator neck beard)
    It is one of those things that exceeds my understanding.

My generation (RVN) was unable to influence society to desire Pith helmets, conical hats or black PJ's...

At least we succeeded with the Stoners...as in AR's.
    Last edited by Gray01; 03-29-2019 at 05:15 PM.

Site Supporter

"The Highwaymen" on Netflix

Tonight I got to watch “The Highwaymen” on Netflix. This is the story of the hunt for Bonnie & Clyde by former Texas Rangers Frank Hamer and Manny Gault. The equipment, firearms and locations were spot on and the action scenes were well done. This is a rare case in which the real subjects, Hamer and Gault, were every bit as tough, hard-bitten, and professional as the movie heroes were. Recommended.

If you want to know more facts about the fascinating lives of these men, I recommend two books.

I’m Frank Hamer, The Life of a Texas Peace Officer, by Frost Jenkins, was first published in 1968 with the assistance and cooperation of Hamer’s widow and son. It covers his entire career from the horseback Ranger days to the automobile borne hunt for Bonnie & Clyde.

Texas Ranger, the Epic Life of Frank Hamer, the Man Who Killed Bonnie and Clyde, by John Boessenecker, is more recent. It is extremely well researched and gives a fascinating account of Hamer’s career.

Outstanding movie. Thanks so much for sharing, @jlw.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Givens View Post
    Texas Ranger, the Epic Life of Frank Hamer, the Man Who Killed Bonnie and Clyde, by John Boessenecker, is more recent. It is extremely well researched and gives a fascinating account of Hamer’s career.
    I bought the Kindle version of this one for $2.99 this week. So far, I'm really enjoying it.

Watched it. Liked it. (Even the wife liked it.) Recommended and thanks for the heads up.

Wife and I watch last night and we both enjoyed it. Excellent all around.

User Tag List