Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Highwaymen

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    *Desire to own a Colt Monitor intensifies*
    I have been struggling with that since I first read about it in the Stephen Hunter novel G-Man.

There were only about 150 Colt Monitors produced and the last one that sold for auction sold a bit on the low side for $115K: https://www.rockislandauction.com/de...D1yBCz2q39_v9s

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed L View Post
    I have been struggling with that since I first read about it in the Stephen Hunter novel G-Man.

There were only about 150 Colt Monitors produced and the last one that sold for auction sold a bit on the low side for $115K: https://www.rockislandauction.com/de...D1yBCz2q39_v9s
    There is always the modern Colt Monitor, the HCAR. I really want one!

https://www.oowinc.com/product/h-c-a-r-package-2/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ed L View Post

Unfortunately, that's just a bit above what my budget will allow.

Gun Jesus did a video about them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    Perhaps even weirder supposedly true story: My maternal grandmother claimed to have went on a date with Clyde Barrow not long before he met Bonnie Parker. She said she could tell he was no good. I can’t confirm the veracity of her story as she’s been dead for over 25 years, but the dates and locations of both of them around that time make it at least plausible.
    So she was the proverbial one that got away...
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

I'm super excited for this to come out!

An acquaintance of mine worked on the movie. Before they started filming he and I were talking and I mentioned I had access to an original full-auto BAR and Thompson. He seemed excited so I offered for him to come out. We had a good time blasting western guns (he can spin a Peacemaker like no one's business), WWII-era guns (BAR, Thompson, MP40, M3, etc.), and a few more modern guns.

He was happy because he had the opportunity to fire the real thing (especially the BAR) before filming started, and he said he worked hard to make the gun stuff in the movie as accurate as possible.

Site Supporter
    After watching the preview...I want to see it.

I worked security on the set of Wyatt Earp in the 90s and bumped into Costner. Literally. He was such a dick that I never saw the movie, despite working on the set, and owning a copy of it.

I may have to reconsider...

pat

For those that want to see it on the big screen, here is where you can find it:

https://www.showtimes.com/movie-time...66-statham-ga/
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    True Story: I used to date a chick whose family claim to fame was; it was their relative that sold out the location of Bonnie and Clyde to Hammer and his posse.
    I can top that. My maternal grandfather was second cousins with Bonnie Parker. My grandfather told the whole family she was a trouble maker. I used to travel throughout Northeastern La when I was a young engineer with Baker Hughes. I stopped at a hotel in Arcadia LA and they had photos of Bonnie Parker and I was shocked how much those photos looked like pictures of my mom.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jamautry View Post
    I stopped at a hotel in Arcadia LA and they had photos of Bonnie Parker and I was shocked how much those photos looked like pictures of my mom.
    When you’re aware of it, family resemblances can be quite surprising. After I learned that Doc Holliday was a second cousin twice removed in my family tree, I showed the only known photo of him to my wife. Her immediate response, “Holy shit! He has your ears and nose. And he looks like your dad from his Air Force photos.”

I told my mom about it and that is when she told me what my grandfather had said. I haven't done any research to prove it definitively but judging by the pictures I have no reason to doubt his story is true.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

User Tag List