Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: The Highwaymen

Frank and Maney AIWB’d a few times in the film. Those high waisted trousers probably would’ve been good for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Watched it last night with the wife. We both enjoyed it a lot. Very well done and the acting was very good. The cars and sets were a real treat. I felt like I was there. I noticed Hamer like that sawed off auto loading shotgun.

I've read a little about Bonnie and Clyde. Because it was during the depression they were celebrities. People hated the gov't and blamed them for all their troubles. The fact that 20K people went to Parkers funeral and 15K went to Barrows funeral tells you a lot about those times.

Excellent movie.

Saw it last night. Liked it!

I liked when Hamer called it a "machine rifle"

Sounds better than assault rifle and clarifies what it actually is, a rifle with full auto capability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great movie!

Fun read here:
    "Beginning in 1922 Hamer, as senior captain of the Texas Rangers, led the fight in Texas against the Ku Klux Klan. During his long career he saved fifteen African Americans from lynch mobs. "

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Hamer
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Great movie!

Fun read here:
    "Beginning in 1922 Hamer, as senior captain of the Texas Rangers, led the fight in Texas against the Ku Klux Klan. During his long career he saved fifteen African Americans from lynch mobs. "

Well, then.....let's make it official.

Inspired by the "Saint Mattis" pictures, my wife made this after seeing the movie:

Name:  Hamer.jpg
Views: 554
Size:  31.4 KB
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Well, then.....let's make it official.

Inspired by the "Saint Mattis" pictures, my wife made this after seeing the movie:

Name:  Hamer.jpg
Views: 554
Size:  31.4 KB
    That is awesome!!
    Now, all we need is a list of the proper items, for the "shrine".

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Great movie!

Fun read here:

Part of that states that Hamer resigned from the Rangers a number of times to take other jobs. I've heard that a number of Rangers would resign "when a particularly sorry Governor was elected".
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Just finished watching The Highwaymen. My son and I enjoyed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    Part of that states that Hamer resigned from the Rangers a number of times to take other jobs. I've heard that a number of Rangers would resign "when a particularly sorry Governor was elected".
    In 1934 the times quoted him as saying "When they elected a woman governor, I quit" so a lot of people consider him sexist, but I am not sure I trust that single quote. He did serve on the Rangers during Ma Ferguson's first term afterall.

WaPo predictably did a hit piece of Hamer: https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlo...=.e0a893ec2001

Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    In 1934 the times quoted him as saying "When they elected a woman governor, I quit" so a lot of people consider him sexist, but I am not sure I trust that single quote. He did serve on the Rangers during Ma Ferguson's first term afterall.

WaPo predictably did a hit piece of Hamer: https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlo...=.e0a893ec2001
    The more things change the more they remain the same. Hammer had a lot of negative press in his day.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

User Tag List