Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Highwaymen

The Highwaymen

For those unaware, Netflix has made a movie about Frank Hamer and Maney Gault hunting down a couple of notorious murdering bandits. The movie will debut on Netflix on 3/29, but is showing in select theaters now. Oddly enough, an "art theater" in Midtown Atlanta is the only theater in GA showing it.

I ventured over there today and was amused at all of the folks with dyed hair and pierced lips looking at the guy wearing a hat and boots with quizzical looks. Imagine the looks if I had toted a Model 8.

While there was obviously some creative license at play, Hollywood has finally done Hamer and company justice and appropriately treated the villains.

I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

True Story: I used to date a chick whose family claim to fame was; it was their relative that sold out the location of Bonnie and Clyde to Hammer and his posse.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    True Story: I used to date a chick whose family claim to fame was; it was their relative that sold out the location of Bonnie and Clyde to Hammer and his posse.
    At least they did a good dead.

Can't wait for the 29th.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    At least they did a good dead.
    No.

Henry Methvin was a Barrow Gang member and an accomplice, if not directly responsible for the deaths of three lawmen. And his father, Ivan only helped Hammer and his posse, because they agreed to tell the prosecutor to not give him the chair in Texas for the murders he committed there. Sonfabitch shoulda gotten the chair in Oklahoma, but his sentence was commuted to life and then the motherfucker got out on parole.

He was a scumbag of epic proportions and should have died right there with Bonnie and Clyde.
    Last edited by RevolverRob; 03-23-2019 at 06:29 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    No.

Henry Methvin was a Barrow Gang member and an accomplice, if not directly responsible for the deaths of three lawmen. And his father, Ivan only helped Hammer and his posse, because they agreed to tell the prosecutor to not give him the chair in Texas for the murders he committed there. Sonfabitch shoulda gotten the chair in Oklahoma, but his sentence was commuted to life and then the motherfucker got out on parole.

He was a scumbag of epic proportions and should have died right there with Bonnie and Clyde.

I don't disagree, but the act was good even if done by a bad man.

Yes he should have been punished for his crimes and evil.

This is the first movie I have been excited about in very long time. Good movies that take place in Texas are always the best.
    Last edited by TheNewbie; 03-23-2019 at 06:36 PM.

Thanks, JLW, I can't wait for this to debut on Netflix.

I am afraid my desire to buy some of the period firearms from this film may prove to be expensive for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed L View Post
    Thanks, JLW, I can't wait for this to debut on Netflix.

I am afraid my desire to buy some of the period firearms from this film may prove to be expensive for me.
    It’s the fedoras that will break me.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    I don't disagree, but the act was good even if done by a bad man.

Yes he should have been punished for his crimes and evil.

This is the first movie I have been excited about in very long time. Good movies that take place in Texas are always the best.
    I mean at the end of the day he suffered an untimely end, being drunk and getting run over by a train does at least make for better bedtime reading. And he spent at least 8 of the 14 years he outlived Barrow and Parker in jail.

*Desire to own a Colt Monitor intensifies*

User Tag List