Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Teacher training day

Site Supporter
    When I was an innocent for a campus FOF, I was 'shot' just standing there with my hands up - because I moved. I didn't.

We're the police and we're here to help?

Site Supporter
    When I was the bad guy, along with a first Gulf War vet, we fought the law in a nest of connected offices. Sometimes it didn't go well for them. If the shooter or shooters have their act together, it will be a horror show as compared to the guy who just shoots himself at first contact. Greg Ellifritz had a article by someone suggesting firing some shots into the ground on entry to see if the shooter will shoot him or herself. In his weekly knowledge dump.

When they built our new building, the classrooms all had glass walls so anyone could see in. It was to promote openness. I thought so much for hiding and turning off the lights. Another prof, at another school, asked me if they should do the same and I mentioned the shooter risk. He bought it but doubted he could get his school to not do that. Now, they did add locks to the doors to prevent entry if you get warning in time. The building also had all kinds of stone and brick pillars and alcove for wonderful cover positions on every floor. Clearing that in a deliberate pace would take a loooong time. Hopefully, there would be only one shooter, so you could go to his or her shots. If there was another waiting in the entry path - that would be hard.

I don't know if architects take this into account nowadays. With the large lecture rooms, a rampage shooter could get a position that would control the exits and be far enough away that the 'fight' mantra of throwing stuff or charging would be neigh on impossible unless the kids actual did a human wave and accepted massive causalities to the front of the charge.

The techniques in these kind of videos and the one I saw when we did training basically were for smaller classrooms. I did mention being armed and the President (from Australia) - guess what - had a shit fight about gun ownership. What else is new?

Just wait until Beslan becomes the model.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray01 View Post
    Just wait until Beslan becomes the model.
    It’s been many years since Beslan. Something similar could certainly happen again but time has proven it to be an outlier event.
    Last edited by HCM; 03-23-2019 at 10:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    I was in one where we all got shot like that too, but we were supposed to be hiding in place, in a lockdown. We weren’t allowed to resist when the shooter broke through the door. It was supposed to show us the resistance is better than pacifism in the face of violence. But nobody appreciated getting shot with the stupid guns.

Most of us got welts, and a few bled.
    Quote Originally Posted by 43Under View Post
    I'm a teacher and an ALICE certified instructor for my school. These cops broke ALICE protocols in using airsoft for this exercise.

I'm the first to admit that the majority of people in my profession are "snowflakes" and all that jazz. However, these cops screwed up pretty badly. "Executing" victims in groups of four and the use of airsoft for these particular exercises is nowhere to be found in the ALICE Training materials.

This outlines some of my own experience with ALICE, and I plan to write more now that I'm actively teaching this stuff:

https://civiliangunfighter.wordpress...9-18-04-10-18/
    The point could've easily been made with nerf dart guns. Dumbasses.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

User Tag List