Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Magnet-fastened shirt

Magnet-fastened shirt

https://www.duluthtrading.com/mens-m...irt-74266.html

"...Looks just like our other Wrinklefighter Shirts, but behind the sewn-on buttons are magnets that easily snap together and hold securely in place."

Was just flipping through a Duluth catalog and saw this. Looked like it might be useful for some carry situations.

Has anyone here tried one?

Would the magnets be strong enough to make the shirt cling to your holstered weapon if carried AIWB? That would be a major faux pas.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

I have a couple of guyabara shirts with the bottom "button" a magnet. Never had one attach to anything besides the other side of the shirt. One did fail by the magnet wearing through the cloth with multiple washings, though.

The Duluth all magnet shirt looks kewl and all, but $75 seems a lot.
    Last edited by Jim Watson; 03-23-2019 at 12:48 PM.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

might not cling to your pistol but...

I have one of those shirts and like it fine for a cover garment. My Glock 21 rides at about 2:30 in an IWB worn between the belt and the trousers.

The magnets haven't stuck to the gun yet. But the magnets will stick to the side of my SUV if I'm slowly moving with my belly towards the vehicle (like in a parking lot if the car next to the driver's side has pulled close).

Quote Originally Posted by iveschris View Post
    I have one of those shirts and like it fine for a cover garment. My Glock 21 rides at about 2:30 in an IWB worn between the belt and the trousers.

The magnets haven't stuck to the gun yet. But the magnets will stick to the side of my SUV if I'm slowly moving with my belly towards the vehicle (like in a parking lot if the car next to the driver's side has pulled close).
    I can imagine them sticking to the spring clip on a couple of my DSG holsters that don't have PTD loops. I carry just an inch or two to the right of center line.
    Last edited by blues; 03-23-2019 at 04:02 PM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

I've got a number of Woolrich Elite shirts with bottom button magnets, and those magnets stick to the buttons on my jeans, and the G-hook buckle of my Volund belt, and any damned other thing that's metal that's near them. I'm not sure how great they would be with AIWB if you wear your pistol close to 12 o'clock...

I have several of those bottom-button-is-a-magnet shirts. One time, as I was placing an order at Starbucks, the magnet attached itself to the metal wire bowl of bananas on the counter, and did so in a way that the faux button sort of hooked itself under the wire. When I stepped away, I _almost_ pulled the entire basket off the counter.

I think the magnet has now removed itself from all of those shirts, as they also like sticking to the inside of the clothes dryer.
    Anti-astroturfing disclaimer: I am the owner of Bagman Tactical (custom tactical nylon).

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    https://www.duluthtrading.com/mens-m...irt-74266.html

"...Looks just like our other Wrinklefighter Shirts, but behind the sewn-on buttons are magnets that easily snap together and hold securely in place."

Was just flipping through a Duluth catalog and saw this. Looked like it might be useful for some carry situations.

Has anyone here tried one?
    I’ve never tried one but my buddy did and he said he loved it. It’s s style thing for me and I think I’d want to see how he likes it over time.

When my daughter was baby we had a onesie with magnets instead of a zipper. It didn't work as great as I was hoping, they would often pop open.

And they would cling to the side of the dryer like a........magnet.

...and de-magnetize key cards or credit cards.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

User Tag List