Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Upgrade to Gen 5?

Buy 2 Gen5 G19's.
    Sell everything else.
    Don't over accumulate anything to the point you are too invested/attached to sell it off for newer upgraded versions or even a platform change. Things improve.
    Life is too short to be burdened with too much stuff.
    Be light and free and happy!

Quote Originally Posted by Jason M View Post
    IMHO, there are benefits to the G5. The top of my list is the new barrel. However, get one that has the new groove machined in the slide. That means for full width guns a 45 or 19MOS right now. This is supposed to be done with newly made pistols of other models like the 19 in the near future. The improvement in function that this provides plus the accuracy gain is motivation enough for me to upgrade to G5.
    Which groove is this?

I was actually thinking of going with the MOS anyway as I am getting to the point in age that I am having trouble seeing a crisp front sight.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Blackburn View Post
    Buy 2 Gen5 G19's.
    Sell everything else.
    Don't over accumulate anything to the point you are too invested/attached to sell it off for newer upgraded versions or even a platform change. Things improve.
    Life is too short to be burdened with too much stuff.
    Be light and free and happy!
    I would have to get at least 3 of them. I would feel naked with only two.

I think most people can't out shoot their gun. I have pondered this question but my two gen 4 g19 work fine and eject well, not plans right now to change to a gen 5

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Crow Hunter View Post
    Which groove is this?

I was actually thinking of going with the MOS anyway as I am getting to the point in age that I am having trouble seeing a crisp front sight.
    There is a new "groove" machined next to the breach face opposite of the extractor. My G5 guns that didn't have this dribbled brass. The 2 G45s I own (as well as a 43X) have this groove and function (extract/eject) with far greater consistency than those without the groove.

I'll see if is can take a picture...

User Tag List