Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Seattle is Dying (local news program)

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    San Fran > LA> Seattle >Portland > Denver - in that order are the hipster places that have become dumps. I wonder what they all have in common...
    Portland was nice when I lived there (06-11) but Denver sucks. Largely due to utterly incompetent city planning. I would consider staying here for residency for lots of good reasons, but it would be despite the city, not because of it.
    Last edited by Nephrology; 03-23-2019 at 07:42 PM.

Site Supporter
    When we lived there - 77 to 94, downtown was becoming rank. At PSU, it was not uncommon to find someone took a dump on the stairwells in their parking structures. The city was also becoming too expensive with crappy houses at exorbitant prices.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    When we lived there - 77 to 94, downtown was becoming rank. At PSU, it was not uncommon to find someone took a dump on the stairwells in their parking structures. The city was also becoming too expensive with crappy houses at exorbitant prices.
    I actually went to PSU for one year (10-11) - I am happy to report that I observed no turds in the stairwells myself. Progress!

I saw in Seattle a couple of years ago, just a slightly greener, whitewashed, version of Chicago. But without the redeeming businesses in the downtown area.

Seattle sowed the chaff in an attempt to get more wheat from the same germ. It doesn’t work like that. And now they must reap what they sowed.

For anyone on FB, here's a link to the "Seattle looks like shit" page that was mentioned in that program. https://www.facebook.com/SeattleLooksLikeShit/
    Last edited by Casual Friday; 03-23-2019 at 08:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    I saw in Seattle a couple of years ago, just a slightly greener, whitewashed, version of Chicago. But without the redeeming businesses in the downtown area.

Seattle sowed the chaff in an attempt to get more wheat from the same germ. It doesn’t work like that. And now they must reap what they sowed.
    Who knew a city didn't need 900 vegan yogurt and scarf shops?

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    Who knew a city didn't need 900 vegan yogurt and scarf shops?
    Or food police

But I mean, better to make sure people aren't throwing away food than deal with the massive rise in opioid related overdose deaths.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Portland was nice when I lived there (06-11) but Denver sucks. Largely due to utterly incompetent city planning. I would consider staying here for residency for lots of good reasons, but it would be despite the city, not because of it.
    I was in Denver a couple of weeks ago for the first time in 12 years. The outdoor amenities are no longer worth the cost of living, traffic, and homeless potheads.

Portland has taken a huge dive in the past 10 years. The police chief seem well intentioned but is swimming against the mayor who is beholden to BLM/Antifa/Occupy/orwhateverthefucktheycallthemselvesnow.

https://www.portlandmercury.com/blog...nto-a-cesspool
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Or food police

But I mean, better to make sure people aren't throwing away food than deal with the massive rise in opioid related overdose deaths.
    Don't forget that the plastic bag ban, which will be statewide soon, is helping keep Seattle clean. The absence of plastic shopping bags more than offsets dirty needles.

https://www.seattle.gov/council/meet...lastic-bag-ban

It’s all about pointless gestures and pretending they make a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by idahojess View Post
    Don't forget that the plastic bag ban, which will be statewide soon, is helping keep Seattle clean. The absence of plastic shopping bags more than offsets dirty needles.

https://www.seattle.gov/council/meet...lastic-bag-ban
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

User Tag List