Thread: TCD/LTT target

TCD/LTT target

I use a Langdon Tactical Technology target almost every range session, to work trigger control. For those not familiar, here is the target.

Name:  25F0C306-4A2A-49C9-BF0F-C22D41BFC92E.jpg
Views: 1078
Size:  66.9 KB

https://www.nationaltarget.com/advan...p?keywords=LTT

My friend, YVK, does most of his practice at an indoor range, and it got me thinking about using the LTT target to efficiently practice trigger control and transitions with just one target, rather than the multi target arrays I usually set up outdoors in full bays.

Here is a drill I have been doing lately, using the LTT target. I start from the draw, shoot two shots to the large lower circle, shoot one shot to each of the five two inch dots on the right side of the target, shoot two shots to the top large circle, and then finish with one shot to each of the five dots on the left side, for a total of fourteen shots. You can pick any distance you like, but I have been using five yards as a reasonable balance between speed and accuracy.

So, here is the trigger control drill on the LTT target.

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Thank you! I have these targets and this drill never occurred to me. Will try next week!
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

Sounds very efficient. I think I'll order a roll.

Very nice. I recently ran a smaller scale version of my own at 7yds, and called it the Mickey drill. Target layout should explain the name. Should be able to see the course of fire, but it goes ABBC, BBCA, CABB. I have always found drawing to different sized targets beneficial in seeing what you need to see..

Name:  20190205_162100.jpg
Views: 990
Size:  28.0 KB
    Taking a break from social media.

@GJM, what are you calling the "large" circle...8-ring?
    Food Court Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by ASH556 View Post
    @GJM, what are you calling the "large" circle...8-ring?
    You can decide whether to use the 8, 9 or 10 ring on the large circle, but I like the larger 8 ring because it allows you to speed up on the larger circle, and then go back to smaller dots, making for more practice changing up speed.

On the subject of drill targets, Lucas Botkin has some interesting ones on his website for free download.

As per usual, harder than it looks. @GJM, that 6.84 is SMOKIN' fast! I tried it twice today with slow times and many misses:

Food Court Apprentice

I did this at 7 yards today, and just two more yards made it feel much harder. Took two more seconds.

I wouldn’t get hung up on time, but I really do think it is important to try to shoot this drill clean, as it forces trigger discipline, along with the usual sights and grip.

I adapted this drill to the 43X, by eliminating the larger circles and just shooting the two inch dots.

User Tag List