Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Self Defence Shooting Course

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    Other than the difference in targets (which is irrelevant), can you explain?
    We are not allowed to shoot in faster.motion and on the course real obstacales on which you have to climb are not allowed and of course the target itself.

No real scenarios like a car. Nothing you have to open by hand in the course like a window.
    Last edited by Peter; 03-23-2019 at 04:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    We are not allowed to shoot in faster.motion and on the course real obstacales on which you have to climb are not allowed
    Are those restrictions unique to your club? Because from the youtube videos I watched, IPSC in Germany looks the same as it does here with the exception that you guys seem to have less room for your stages. Having visited Germany I understand why.

Anyway, good luck in your search and consider starting the process to become an American citizen.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    Are those restrictions unique to your club? Because from the youtube videos I watched, IPSC in Germany looks the same as it does here with the exception that you guys seem to have less room for your stages. Having visited Germany I understand why.

Anyway, good luck in your search and consider starting the process to become an American citizen.
    This is not Germany but Austria where Arnold Schwarzenegger comes from. But this stage could be also legal in Germany in so far.

Thanks for your wishes and the kind conversation.
    Last edited by Peter; 03-24-2019 at 01:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    First of all I beg your pardon for any confusion. I have two firstnames André and Peter and like to mix them up a little bit.

I am already in an IPSC club in my hometown and it is great training with wonderful friends. But IPSC in Germany is different from IPSC in the US. Some things are not allowed and it is for me more a sport than a self defense matter.

I have the green belt in ju jutsu already but have to state that the system is not realy realistic at least as it is taught in my city.

I was also with the army in Germany but compared to the USA our education and fighting technics are very limited.

All more therotically than practical. I know that the USA has this expertise and I am looking always for the best solution.

But be assured I am a really friendly guy and not interessed in a real fight or something like that. It is just my hobby but I would like to do it as perfect as possible.

André/Peter
    Sir,

I would suggest you look into two resources:

The first, for martial arts, is the European Shivworks Camp (https://www.eventbrite.de/e/european...ts-51018806624). Every year Craig Douglas aka Southnarc of Shivworks, whose videos you can see above under ECQC and Edged Weapons Overview, comes to Germany to put on what is probably the best reality based self defense course you can find, concerning not only unarmed and knife self defense but also how to avoid and deescalate confrontations from happening in the first place. I would strongly consider attending if possible.

The second resource is Oliver Falk at Viking Tactics Germany (https://www.vikingtactics.de/). He is the German affiliate of the world class Viking Tactics training company run by former Delta Force soldier Kyle Lamb, and also an accomplished IPSC shooter. He will likely be able to tell you the best way to get involved with tactical firearms training both in Germany as well as abroad.

Hope this helps, welcome to the forum!

Quote Originally Posted by kobuksonhwacha View Post
    Sir,

I would suggest you look into two resources:

The first, for martial arts, is the European Shivworks Camp (https://www.eventbrite.de/e/european...ts-51018806624). Every year Craig Douglas aka Southnarc of Shivworks, whose videos you can see above under ECQC and Edged Weapons Overview, comes to Germany to put on what is probably the best reality based self defense course you can find, concerning not only unarmed and knife self defense but also how to avoid and deescalate confrontations from happening in the first place. I would strongly consider attending if possible.

The second resource is Oliver Falk at Viking Tactics Germany (https://www.vikingtactics.de/). He is the German affiliate of the world class Viking Tactics training company run by former Delta Force soldier Kyle Lamb, and also an accomplished IPSC shooter. He will likely be able to tell you the best way to get involved with tactical firearms training both in Germany as well as abroad.

Hope this helps, welcome to the forum!
    Dir Sir

I would like to thank you very much for your wonderful and detailed post. This is very helpful!

Have a great day and kind regards from Germany

Peter

User Tag List