Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Winchester Model 1897 value?

Site Supporter
    Turns out it’s been refinished. So I’m sure that does no favors to the value.

I have one with both 18 and 30" barrels. Came that way from the factory. How do I know? The barrels and receiver have the same SN. They put SN's on the barrels in 1916.

They made a boatload of those things. I'll say you might get $400 for it in good refinished condition.

The only reason I keep mine around is it belonged to my dad. We used to hunt a lot together when I was in high school. Otherwise it would have been sold a long time ago. There's more moving parts in one of those than a Swiss watch.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    I have one with both 18 and 30" barrels. Came that way from the factory. How do I know? The barrels and receiver have the same SN. They put SN's on the barrels in 1916.

They made a boatload of those things. I'll say you might get $400 for it in good refinished condition.

The only reason I keep mine around is it belonged to my dad. We used to hunt a lot together when I was in high school. Otherwise it would have been sold a long time ago. There's more moving parts in one of those than a Swiss watch.

LGS offered me 150. Lol I don’t blame them, they said the refinish killed the value.

Offered me an 200 for an 1100 in rougher condition.

Think I’ll sell them to my buddy instead.

User Tag List