Thread: Week 313: Three Bills

Week 313: Three Bills

Week 313: Three Bills

Results may be posted until April 22nd, 2019.

Designed by: Bill Wilson (original Bill Drill)
    Range: 7, 15, and 25 yards
    Target: USPSA Metric or IDPA
    Start Position: Facing downrange, hands hanging naturally
    Rounds Fired: 36
    Procedure: Start facing downrange with handgun loaded with at least six rounds and holstered, hands hanging naturally. Upon start signal, draw and engage the target with six rounds.

For this drill of the week, we'll shoot the classic Bill Drill twice at each of three different distances, for a total of six runs. Shoot the Bill Drill twice at 7 yards, twice at 15 yards, and twice at 25 yards. Record all hits and times. Concealment is optional.

Please report the following when you post your results in this thread:

Equipment used: gun, holster, concealment (if any), USPSA Metric or IDPA target
    7 yard Times and Hits: (as an example - 1st run, 2.00 seconds with 5A/1C, 2nd run, 1.85 seconds with 6A
    15 yard Times and Hits: (as an example - 1st run, 2.7 seconds with 4A/2C, 2nd run, 2.5 seconds with 6A
    25 yard Times and Hits: (as an example - 1st run, 4.00 seconds with 3A/3C, 2nd run, 3.5 seconds with 6A
    Anything you noticed

Training with firearms is an inherently dangerous activity. Be sure to follow all safety protocols when using firearms or practicing these drills. These drills are provided for information purposes only. Use at your own risk.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Beretta 92A1, JM OWB, no concealment.

7yd runs (I may be over-confirming my sights and should speed up, but I like the hits):

Here's the target at the end. Those four "D's" killed me. Bad trigger presses, every one of them.

Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

Equipment used: gun, holster, concealment (if any), USPSA Metric or IDPA target HK P30S V3/TLR-7 in a JMCK AIWB, condition 1 with GG SRS trigger kit installed | Hybrid monster USPSA w/ IDPA A zone
    7 yard Times and Hits: 1st run, 2.78 w/ 6A 2nd run, 2.64 w/ 6A
    15 yard Times and Hits: 1st run, 5.01 w/ 5A 1C 2nd run, 7.39 w/ 5A 1C and 1 unexpected slide lock reload
    25 yard Times and Hits: both runs combined 6.68 + 5.53 = 12.21 w/ 6A 5C 1D
    Anything you noticed I don't feel I shot this to my potential, I just wasn't in excellent form today. I shot this just before the GM Test and dear lord no idea what I was doing with my sight picture at the 25, just merrily blasting away it seems. I like this drill, it works sight acquisition at a nice gradient of range and speed and scores easily for progress measurement (I imagine). In contrast, I handled the unexpected slide lock reload well and I'm glad I had the reaction I did.

Last edited by SsevenN; 03-29-2019 at 06:09 PM.
    "I'm checking out, somebody throw me in the trash"

t. Frank Reynolds - IASIP

Equipment: CZ sp01 with Cajun parts. Safariland GLS holster. Only one run each.

7 yards 2.15 5a 1c
    15 yards 4.01 6a
    25 yards 4.68 6a

Shot this and the GM test after teaching a class, really like these drills. Nailing the grip and driving the gun back on target is needed more and more as you move out. Also my draw is super rusty and needs work.

PX4CC, Mastermind Tactics Mnmlist AIWB, concealed under a polo, PT target

Name:  Screen Shot 2019-04-03 at 8.40.52 PM.jpg
Views: 255
Size:  43.2 KB

User Tag List