Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 10.5” 5.56 Barrels

10.5” 5.56 Barrels

Building a 10.5 inch pistol. Does anyone have experience with Combat Armory barrels? They have a great deal on their 10.5” barrels but I’ve never heard of them.

Any suggestions on other barrels that don’t break the bank would be appreciated as well.

A quality 5.56 barrel cannot be manufactured and sold at a profit for $49. I don't know what "won't break the bank" means for you, but Aero Precision would be the cheapest I'd go.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    A quality 5.56 barrel cannot be manufactured and sold at a profit for $49. I don't know what "won't break the bank" means for you, but Aero Precision would be the cheapest I'd go.
    This ^

The barrel and the bolt /BCG are not the place to go cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    That’s what I was thinking but had to ask. I’m trying to stay below $200 for the barrel.

Cheap and good that are mentioned most often seem to be BA/Aero and Faxon barrels. I have a 10.3 BA ($220 with pinned gas block) Hanson which is more accurate than my BCM and my PWS.
    Last edited by Oukaapie; 03-22-2019 at 11:26 AM.

Site Supporter
    In an AR your barrel not only effects accuracy but the chamber and gas port are factors in reliability.

For the $$$ BA (owned by Aero) and Faxon are hard to beat.

If you can wait, buy quality parts over a longer period of time. Begin sourcing the parts right away and put them on a list that you check off as you go. This is what I did with my now favorite AR. Found a great deal on a LMT lower which I wasn't sure would last so I bought that first. All the while watching barrels. Next a good deal on a Colt BCG. You get the idea, just those two took me 2 months. This process began late last fall and only finished a couple of weeks ago with the delivery of a BCM blemished upper.

Good luck and have fun.

https://www.armorally.com/shop/balli...rnment-barrel/

Add to the cart for a $100 price. Recently bought a BA 11.5" earlier this week for the same price and received it today.

Thanks for all the good info everyone. What’s the word on these PSA complete uppers. I’m seeing some pretty good reviews.
    Last edited by 23JAZ; 03-22-2019 at 12:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay23 View Post
    That’s what I was thinking but had to ask. I’m trying to stay below $200 for the barrel.
    For just a wee bit more, you can get an 11.5" BCM barrel that will run like a scalded cat. I don't care for 5.56 barrels under 11.5".

Quote Originally Posted by Jay23 View Post
    Thanks for all the good info everyone. What’s the word on these PSA complete uppers. I’m seeing some pretty good reviews.
    A lot of people praise them, but I've had less than good luck with PSA brand parts. The last upper I got from them was a soup sandwich and I won't be giving them anymore chances.

User Tag List