Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 10.5” 5.56 Barrels

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    For just a wee bit more, you can get an 11.5" BCM barrel that will run like a scalded cat. I don't care for 5.56 barrels under 11.5".

A lot of people praise them, but I've had less than good luck with PSA brand parts. The last upper I got from them was a soup sandwich and I won't be giving them anymore chances.
    I’ve got a BA 10.5 and a Faxon 11.5 in my cart right now. I keep hearing that extra inch makes a world of difference. (Yes, that is what she said). But I do like that BA sub MOA guarantee. But then again anyone can guarantee a piece of shit.

If you aren’t deadset on 10.5 then sionics 11.5. It’s 220 with a gas block around 180 without the gas block. They are solid kit.

Sionics reduced port 11.5 is the jam, I have one and it's more accurate than the red dot is.

Rosco 10.5 or 11.5 if the Sionics is too rich for your budget

I have a BA Hanson 11.3” that seems to run quite well with a H2 and Springco blue in a pistol build. Ejection is around 3 o’clock with M193, 4-5 o’clock with steel .223. Overall very comparable to my issued rifle (factory BCM 11.5” upper on a FA Colt Commando lower running carbine buffer, Colt GI buffer spring).

I have a Faxon Gunner mid-length 14.5” P&W on another build. Nice barrel, as accurate as I am capable of with an Aimpoimt, but the gas port is larger than I’d prefer- .082. With a H2 and Springco blue it hurls M193 around 1:30-2 o’clock, while Russian steel cased goes to 3:30-4 at normal velocity. I don’t know how Faxon sizes their 10.5 or 11.5” carbine gas barrels, but it seems they size gas ports to ensure they’ll run with low power ammo.

Taking the BA port sizing and pinned gas block into account, I will likely go with BA for future builds.
    Anything I post is my opinion alone as a private citizen.

I have a 10.5” pistol built with a BA barrel. It shoots and runs fine using a Colt H buffer.

PSA parts run the gamut in quality, and I don’t think you can be sure what you’re getting.

Ended up purchasing a BA 11.5” barrel and an 12” Aero Enhanced rail. Went with the Areo because the ID on the is 1.72” so I’ll be able to tuck a suppressor just under it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay23 View Post
    Thanks for all the good info everyone. What’s the word on these PSA complete uppers. I’m seeing some pretty good reviews.
    I have the CHF 10.5" from Palmetto and it is great. Runs like a top. Never any issues.

User Tag List