Thread: Magpul 12rd. Glock 26 mags...trust them for carry?

Magpul 12rd. Glock 26 mags...trust them for carry?

I have one and it's been reliable with everything I've run through it. I love the way it makes the G26 feel in my hand and would love to use it for carry. Does anyone trust theirs enough to use it for EDC?

I have one I’ve been range testing, too - I have about 30 reloads through it, and am just about ready to declare it good for me. Interested in hearing from others, though.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I have a couple I've vetted for my 26 and carry regularly.

The rest I've saved for the range or to be vetted down the line.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

I won't carry mine. I bought two to evaluate for carry and while they both worked fine intiially, after being stored loaded for only a few weeks they swelled up so that they would no longer drop free.

Magpul offered to look at the if I sent them in, but it wasn't worth the shipping cost to deal with it so I just scrapped them and moved on with my life.

This wasn't long after they first came out so maybe that issue has been resolved since then.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I have a couple I've vetted for my 26 and carry regularly.

The rest I've saved for the range or to be vetted down the line.
    This has been my experience with them. The have been vetted in a first edition 26 and a back up earlyish Gen 3 26. I think they are more comfortable in my hand that the OEM +2 and they seem to be more durable. Mine stay loaded and continue to drop free.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason M View Post
    This has been my experience with them. The have been vetted in a first edition 26 and a back up earlyish Gen 3 26. I think they are more comfortable in my hand that the OEM +2 and they seem to be more durable. Mine stay loaded and continue to drop free.
    My G26 is Gen 2.5 Purchased new in 1995 or 1996.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Hammertime
    I used to not trust these. I have a bunch. Left them loaded a couple years, and on my last 2000 round test of a G3G26 they were flawless.

Verdict: probably good to go, but I will still carry Glock OE.

I have now accumulated ten of the 12 round PMags for the G26.

I've left them fully loaded (12 rounds) for several months at a time, and they all work fine, with no swelling of the mag body, and no spreading or other deformation of the polymer feed lips.

If the chamber is empty and I feed the top round from the fully-loaded (12 rounds) magazine into the chamber, everything runs fine.

If the chamber is loaded already and I push the PMag with 11 rounds into the magwell, everything runs fine.

If the chamber is loaded already, and I push the PMag with 12 rounds into the magwell, the chambered round always fires, but the fired case is usually not extracted, or when it is, the top magazine round isn't fed, leaving the chamber empty.

My interpretation is that the high pressure exerted by the top round retards the slide's cycling, if the PMag is fully loaded.

I carry the G26 chambered, with the inserted PMag loaded with 11 rounds, plus two spare PMags, loaded with 11 rounds each.
    "Therefore, since the world has still... Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure, Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would, And train for ill and not for good." -- A.E. Housman

Mine have been reliable for 1-200 rounds, but I carry the flush ones. The magpul ones doe feel great in the hand tho.

I also have more than a dozen of the G26 OEM 10-round mags, some with Pachmayr ("+0") extensions and others with Pearce Grip ("+2") extensions.

All of these extensions have checkering/pointing on their front surfaces, which imitates in different examples both the Gen 3 and Gen 4-5 grip surfaces. All make the G26 easy to hold onto, and IME don't compromise either concealment or carrying comfort.

However, I've found the PMags with their contoured, non-checkered front extension surfaces to actually be more comfortable than mags with the above extensions, not because of anything having to do with checkering, but because the Pachmayr and Pearce extensions have a very sharp top front edge, which along with the wide space they leave between the bottom of the G26 frontstrap and the tops of the Pachmayr and Pearce extensions, can result in a pinch to the little finger pad on recoil.

This remains true, albeit less so, even after "Dremeling" the sharp edge down.

The PMags are made so as to minimize the "gap" (they fit more closely to the G26 frontstrap), with the result that they don't pinch at all.

FWIW. I don't mean to give a commercial endorsement for Magpul, but I like their PMags.
    "Therefore, since the world has still... Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure, Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would, And train for ill and not for good." -- A.E. Housman

User Tag List