7 9.59%
  • Walther P99AS

3 4.11%
  • Other

29 39.73%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Pistol Purchase Advice per pangloss

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Though SIG doesn’t formally designate P250s as “Gen1” or “Gen2” there are, in fact, two distinct generations of P250 and the “Gen 2” is good to go.

The FAMS and Dutch police and others had issues with the Gen 1 P250. The Gen 2 P250 sucesfully adressed those issues but by that time the damage was done. The fact SIG did not promote the improved version as being distinct from the early models didn’t help either.

Attachment 36505
    HCM, I just wanted to give you my belated thanks for that update on the P250. While the 250 has never been too much on my radar, (especially after the Gen 1 disasters), I literally had no idea that there was a corrective follow-up Gen 2, as you've very nicely laid out.

I knew that SIG had done some midcourse changes to the Sigpro 2340, but those were more slight ergonomic tweaks, eventually morphing into the 2022. Thanks for keeping us in the loop regarding the 250-great info.

Best, Jon
    Last edited by JonInWA; 04-01-2019 at 12:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HopetonBrown View Post
    You can regurgitate the official PF line, but what people is this guy managing? At what point does shootability come into play? I don't see many guys here making their LTT92s into LTT92Ds.
    Perhaps because some of us with 92Ds are pretty pleased with them, particularly with available Langdon and Wilson Combat upgrades.

Best, Jon

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    HCM, I just wanted to give you my belated thanks for that update on the P250. While the 250 has never been too much on my radar, (especially after the Gen 1 disasters), I literally had no idea that there was a corrective follow-up Gen 2, as you've very nicely laid out.

I knew that SIG had done some midcourse changes to the Sigpro 2340, but those were more slight ergonomic tweaks, eventually morphing into the 2022. Thanks for keeping us in the loop regarding the 250-great info.

Best, Jon
    The same applies to much of the early feedback found on this site, due to the tip-of-the-spear types who were more frequent participants in early days.

I've posted most of my focused comments about my experiences with it in the "grandma gun" thread, because I'm working with the .380 and .22LR.

Tam has some useful comments as well. If I was in the 92D business and wanted to keep shooting 9mm with a DAO, I'd stay in that business. If I wanted it smaller, maybe pick up a Centurion or franken-gun my way to a D Compact.
    Last edited by OlongJohnson; 04-01-2019 at 06:08 PM.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

User Tag List