• HK P2000 c V3

7 9.59%
  • Walther P99AS

3 4.11%
  • Other

29 39.73%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Pistol Purchase Advice per pangloss

I'm not understanding the appeal of a double action only P320?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HopetonBrown View Post
    I'm not understanding the appeal of a double action only P320?

Better people management trigger, external hammer to thumb and give feedback, longer pull and the safety benefits that come with it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Better people management trigger, external hammer to thumb and give feedback, longer pull and the safety benefits that come with it.
    You can regurgitate the official PF line, but what people is this guy managing? At what point does shootability come into play? I don't see many guys here making their LTT92s into LTT92Ds.

Site Supporter
    You can regurgitate the official PF line, but what people is this guy managing? At what point does shootability come into play? I don't see many guys here making their LTT92s into LTT92Ds.
    DAO is slower but if time is not a factor (or a big factor) some, like myself can actually shoot more accurately with a good DAO trigger like a Beretta 92D.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    DAO is slower but if time is not a factor (or a big factor) some, like myself can actually shoot more accurately with a good DAO trigger like a Beretta 92D.
    He says it's for a carry gun so I think time would be a factor.

I don't think time is as big a factor as you think it might be. Most people shooting "sub .20 splits" in a gunfight are panicking and just firehosing in a general direction.

Even with my "shoot fast" guns (GLOCKs and 1911s), I can't get much below .20 splits without sacrificing accuracy at anything beyond conversational distances. Inside conversational distances, I can shoot my P250 plenty fast without it getting out of hand.

I carry a G19, mainly because of size efficiency, ease of maintenance, familiarity, and, as a Federal LEO, I have a duty to respond to bad people doing bad things. If I was issued a P250, LEM, or some such, I wouldn't feel like I was going to get kilt on da streetz because of the trigger...

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    I don't think time is as big a factor as you think it might be.
    I assumed HCM was speaking of slow fire bullseye shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    as a Federal LEO
    Again, as a regular Joe CCW, he's not managing people like you are.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Again, as a regular Joe CCW, he's not managing people like you are.
    The last week I worked prior to vacation a guy who had two burglars at gun point in his driveway was. It happens much more often for police, but it's not never for "regular Joe CCW'.

How many regular Joe CCWs have shot themselves upon holstering vs how many have gotten shot because their split times were too slow?

How many regular Joe CCWs have put their first few shots in the dirt because they are already on the trigger as they present and are firing unintentionally as they try to get on target?

How many regular Joe CCWs, or even trained people, run their gun like a sewing machine under stress and end up missing their follow up shots. The thing the DAK was invented to address?
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    The last week I worked prior to vacation a guy who had two burglars at gun point in his driveway was. It happens much more often for police, but it's not never for "regular Joe CCW'.
    I hope you give the same diatribe for the 87 pages of people installing their Langdon TJIAB.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    I hope you give the same diatribe for the 87 pages of people installing their Langdon TJIAB.
    Facts are facts. I don't care what people do with them as long as they understand the risk, and risk is understood by actual events and not hypothetical situations. Civilians do have to manage people sometimes. Split times aren't that big a deal in determining who wins the fight. If you want to attack the facts, let's hear it. If not, what's your point?

I get the same pushback when I recommend a DA revolver to the non-dedicated shooter. But split times and poor sights and limited capacity and...!!! Right. None of which matters as much as "harder to shoot yourself with". Every year I tracked it, roughly 8-10 people shot themselves or someone else accidentally for every person who shot a bad guy.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

User Tag List