Thread: AAR: 2019 Rangemaster Tactical Conference

AAR: 2019 Rangemaster Tactical Conference

Great conference. Shitty weather and accommodations. Overall, time well-spent.

https://civiliangunfighter.wordpress...-17-19-part-i/

Quote Originally Posted by 43Under View Post
    Great conference. Shitty weather and accommodations. Overall, time well-spent.

https://civiliangunfighter.wordpress...-17-19-part-i/
    Thank you for your kind words! I usually leave 30 minutes for questions/interesting hypotheticals, but being the first block of the conference, and before the coffee pot was installed, I think people got a case of info overload. Or maybe they were really shy? Either way, learning was accomplished, and now people know! (AND knowing is half the battle!) [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sherman A. House DDS View Post
    Thank you for your kind words! I usually leave 30 minutes for questions/interesting hypotheticals, but being the first block of the conference, and before the coffee pot was installed, I think people got a case of info overload. Or maybe they were really shy? Either way, learning was accomplished, and now people know! (AND knowing is half the battle!) [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What I saw was all quality stuff. Just wish my match time had been different so I could have seen what "MacGyver" could do with a gum wrapper and a paper clip!

Glad to finally meet you!

Nice AAR. I do agree about the noise from the track, that was a challenge for me. I'm about half deaf. If next year's conference is in the same spot (which is fine by me) I think a couple of small portable PA systems in the three meetings tents would solve that problem handily.

We stayed at an Airbnb which was "interesting". It's always nice to brush up on one's MUC skills in a fresh environment.

It was my fourth and my daughter's second. The engine noise was a problem for me sometimes too. Fortunately we had no issues with our hotel. We also thoroughly enjoyed Dr. House's class.

The Comfort Inn Marrero was clean and close for me. I loved all the classes I attended, seeing people, and watching the shoot off. I gained a TON from both Paul Sharp's Recoil Management live fire block and the Chandler/Ray Changing Gears block. Both of them really fit together well. I would've stayed in the rain and shot more in Paul's class, but I was definitely in the minority there. The on site food was great, and I could've forgiven the weather if the racing didn't drown out some speakers every couple minutes. It was bearable, and I totally understand the track is trying to make a buck. I just wish they had somewhere indoors to muffle the sound better.

I had a blast and soaked up a LOT of knowledge. Hopefully I can translate it into a step change in my shooting skills.

I didn't do any live fire classes. I did most of the stuff offered in the hand to hand tent. I also caught DB's lecture and Tom's training evolution class. There's always tough decisions to make since you can't be in two places at once.

Site Supporter
    The issues with the venue have been noted and are being addressed. The weather-- well, I really don't have any control over that. March is the "dry season" on the gulf, and temperatures were 10 degrees below normal for those dates. Luck of the draw.

Thanks to everyone who attended and participated. We burned through way over 75,000 rounds without injury or incident and the trainers provided a LOT of superior instruction.
    Last edited by Tom Givens; 03-21-2019 at 08:54 PM.

Awesome, thanks Tom. I hope you and Lynn are safely back home. It's always a pleasure to see you both, and thanks again for autographing those books for me!

See you in October.

Site Supporter
    All of the results from the pistol matches are available here:

https://rangemaster.com/tactical-con...match-results/

User Tag List