Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Favorite Range Handgun

Full size version of my EDC

Training/matches: CZ 75BD

EDC: CZ P-01

Site Supporter
    Favorite range gun is a 1911. My carry gun is a 1911 as well.

I have others, but I shoot 1911s the most. Most of what people say about how it's bad for your skills development to shoot a bunch of different guns is true.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

LCR .22 is a favorite tag along for me for the indoor range during winter months. It makes me slow down and focus on the pistol. I haven't seen anything but positive side affects crossing over to my edc.

Site Supporter
    Depends on what I'm doing. Reactive targets and medium to long distance is a job for the big bore revolvers. Reactive targets at short to medium distances or general plinking is a job for the Ruger 22/45 with can and red dot. Paper targets for time and drills goes to the Glock 19.3. Slow fire accuracy work on paper, could be the Glock, or could be one of my 38s.

That said, I tend to put most of my rounds numerically speaking through the Glock and Ruger.

Chris

Currently, it's my Glock 41.

Range gun only. Blacked out Defoor sights. B8 targets at 25 and B6s at 50.

Quote Originally Posted by gunrascal View Post
    EDC = Sig P250SC and Walther P99AS, both 9mm; working with a P229 9mm; i would reduce to one if advisable; 'would also like a little diversity for the range.
    Like others have said - I'd get a pistol identical to your everyday carry. Which covers you when practicing the long DA pull. Maybe a p22X in SAO for fun? or 1911 in 45 just because

"A duplicate copy of my everyday carry gun."
    Very much this.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Site Supporter
    I think this is at least the fourth thread the OP has started in which he solicits pistol purchase advice (2 here and 2 on the HK forum). There may be more on other forums.

Here is what I'd like to see: the OP would set up a poll listing 5 to 10 guns that he deems acceptable and within his price range. We pick the gun for him via poll, and then he only shoots and carries that pistol for at least six months. I would want a firm commitment on this point. Some performance tracking would be nice to have, but it's not critical. I've thought about doing this myself just for fun and as a way to try carrying something besides a Glock, but I'm really pretty happy with my G19/26s, despite how enamored I am with my P30. I think it'd be interesting to see what happens.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

I have a small collection of rifles (AR and bolt actions) and handguns (semis and revolvers)...

I try to give all of them some range time. Not ideal for 100% performance with your one carry gun, but I don't carry. Since the IMHSA range was very popular at my club, I used to shoot up to 200 m with normal handguns all the time, getting quite proficient at it. Also shooting smallbore targets at 25 m is a lot of fun.

The closer I ever was to ultra proficient with one gun were the years when I was competing in IPSC, firing a decent amount of ammo each month in a 1911 wide body. But it was shooting sports proficiency, not HSLD tactical profficiency.

Quote Originally Posted by gunrascal View Post
    would also like a little diversity for the range.
    Was it on this forum where someone said there's an inverse correlation between the number of guns brought on a range trip and skill at arms?

User Tag List