Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Favorite Range Handgun

Your Favorite Range Handgun

looking for ideas to keep low round counts on my EDCs; what are fun range guns for volume shooting, practice transfer, and just having a "Blast"?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by gunrascal View Post
    looking for ideas to keep low round counts on my EDCs; what are fun range guns for volume shooting, practice transfer, and just having a "Blast"?
    A duplicate copy of my everyday carry gun.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

If the goal is to keep low round counts on your EDCs, I'd say buy a backup version of whatever you're going to use for practice. Also, you used the plural for EDCs, so wondering what you consider in that group. It might help provide additional insight and some more targeted advice.

Quote Originally Posted by pangloss View Post
    A duplicate copy of my everyday carry gun.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk
    This. I get enjoyment from improving skill. I get zero enjoyment from "just shooting." Waste of time, money, and ammo.
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

Always between two major rivers that begin with the letter "M."
    For pure fun, a full-size 1911 in 9mm.

(One that runs.)

Otherwise, a duplicate of what you carry, or a larger version of same.

gn

EDC = Sig P250SC and Walther P99AS, both 9mm; working with a P229 9mm; i would reduce to one if advisable; 'would also like a little diversity for the range.

I have a diverse gunsafe too. I try to only focus on one platform for an extended period of time - six months to a year - for both carry and range. So, pick one of the three, mothball the other two, and pick up a copy of the focus gun if you're seriously worried about wear. If you're not shooting a couple thousand rounds a month though I wouldn't worry about it.

Site Supporter
    EDC = Sig P250SC and Walther P99AS, both 9mm; working with a P229 9mm; i would reduce to one if advisable; 'would also like a little diversity for the range.
    I would pick one of the striker fired guns (P250 or P99) get a duplicate as a training gun and keep the metal framed 229 as a “shoot for fun gun”

My work / daily carry gun is a Glock 17, I have a couple of them 1 exact duplicate training gun one with adjustable target sights, one with an RDS etc.

My shoot for fun guns are 1911s and Berettas.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    I would pick one of the striker fired guns (P250 or P99) get a duplicate as a training gun and keep the metal framed 229 as a “shoot for fun gun”

My work / daily carry gun is a Glock 17, I have a couple of them 1 exact duplicate training gun one with adjustable target sights, one with an RDS etc.

My shoot for fun guns are 1911s and Berettas.
    Sounds like you mix calibers; I was thinking of trying to eventually go with the P229, and range a .45(may not be so practical). I have a good 1911 , but lost interest in that type shooting years ago.

My constant companion to the range is my AR 15 for mostly competitive reasons but my rifle is a practical and simple set up, suitable for defensive use too. When I compete in IDPA I use a revolver so it will go if there is an match on the near horizon. Right now I'm trying to decide on my regular 2 gun pistol, either a Beretta M9 or my Colt .38 super. I love them both but in order to build skill I need to focus on one. So skill building is my focus even though at this time there is a selection process going on.

User Tag List