Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Hungarian Hi Power back from The Action Works

Site Supporter
    Anyone ever try the FEG P9R/P9Rc guns?

They look roughly Hi Power-ish... but they're actually DA/SA. Just curious--you don't hear too much about these. Went to a friend's house to shoot and he had one laying around. Didn't shoot it, but it had a nice feel I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post

They look roughly Hi Power-ish... but they're actually DA/SA. Just curious--you don't hear too much about these. Went to a friend's house to shoot and he had one laying around. Didn't shoot it, but it had a nice feel I suppose.
    I had one a LONG time ago in 45 Auto. It was sort of a cross between a Hi Power and a S&W M39.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

A buddy had a DA in the 90s and I shot it quite a lot. The trigger was not elegant but it was fine. The reason to get a P35 though is because P35s are super cool. That’s not a P35. There are a lot of other guns out there that are not P35s that would work better and present fewer holster issues etc.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Site Supporter
    Didn't know they came in 45. That's cool. Yeah... it ain't a BHP. But apparently the Hungarian military uses those things--so I guess they're decent guns. Really knew nothing about them until I Googled the model at my friend's place.

Didn't know they came in 45. That's cool. Yeah... it ain't a BHP. But apparently the Hungarian military uses those things--so I guess they're decent guns. Really knew nothing about them until I Googled the model at my friend's place.
    I don't know about the DA/SA guns but I imagine they were made to meet someone's military or police requirement. I can't imagine that FEG would have done the R&D work just for the commercial (United States) market.

The FEG Hi-Powers appear to have been quite popular with Israeli police forces and prison facilities. It is my understanding that all the used guns recently imported by Century Arms are coming in from Israel. I wonder what other entities might have used these guns.

Just finished watching Final Option to put myself in a Hi Power mood. Now off to shoot a few rounds to see how the refinished pistol works.

I did as a rookie paramedic, moonlighting as armed security. Mine fed everything I gave it, including some PMC 95 grain softpoints back in the early 90s. (9mm) I could load an empty case and top off with ammo, and it would feed the case fine! Loaded it with Cor-Bon 124 JHPs when working.

First chance I got I promptly purchased a S&W M-19 4-in and carried Federal 125 357s in it... I worked Birmingham so I wanted a sure thing back then... Wish I was young and dumb again!

Mine was the KBI import marked one, as well as the several PJK-HPs I have.
    Last edited by medic15al; 03-23-2019 at 03:00 PM. Reason: spelling

Shoots a couple inches left at 25 yards. Am I pushing the gun while working the trigger or does it actually shoot a little left?

A kiss with the sight tool should fix that. Now why didn't I take the sight tool with me to the range?

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Nice heater. Who did the work?
    Novak, their renamed FBI package. Stippled front and backstraps, bobbed hammer, Black-T, Bar-Sto barrel with a C&S thumb safety (I happened to have one in it already when I sent it, they asked me if I wanted to replace it with theirs; I asked them if theirs was any better, I got "meh" back as an answer, so they kept it)

Even with the bobbed hammer and no-bite mod they do to it, I still get hammerbit...then again I have big/fat hands, so..

I sent them a C&S no-bite hammer/sear kit with their %100 no-bite rowel hammer to fit to it as well, after I discovered I still get bit with the bobbed hammer, and while it's truly no-bite...it doesn't look right on the gun IMO. And, even after they worked their magic on the trigger, the pull is still a solid 6-7lb with the C&S kit in. It's crisp, but heavy IMO. Not unworkable but heavier than I think it should be. So I keep the bobbed hammer/factory sear in there and just live with the bite. It's not too bad until around the 250 round mark; by then it's finally removed enough skin to start getting bloody.

Quote Originally Posted by obremski View Post
    Novak, their renamed FBI package. Stippled front and backstraps, bobbed hammer, Black-T, Bar-Sto barrel with a C&S thumb safety (I happened to have one in it already when I sent it, they asked me if I wanted to replace it with theirs; I asked them if theirs was any better, I got "meh" back as an answer, so they kept it)

Even with the bobbed hammer and no-bite mod they do to it, I still get hammerbit...then again I have big/fat hands, so..

I sent them a C&S no-bite hammer/sear kit with their %100 no-bite rowel hammer to fit to it as well, after I discovered I still get bit with the bobbed hammer, and while it's truly no-bite...it doesn't look right on the gun IMO. And, even after they worked their magic on the trigger, the pull is still a solid 6-7lb with the C&S kit in. It's crisp, but heavy IMO. Not unworkable but heavier than I think it should be. So I keep the bobbed hammer/factory sear in there and just live with the bite. It's not too bad until around the 250 round mark; by then it's finally removed enough skin to start getting bloody.
    The Hi-Power will nick me across the inside of my left thumb knuckle if I'm not careful. Depending on the gun I think it is either the bottom of the slide itself or the sharp pointed spot on the safety notch that bites me. The spur hammer as used by FN since the 1970's doesn't pinch me but the old school ring hammer sure does.
    Last edited by Tokarev; 03-25-2019 at 04:14 PM.

User Tag List