Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Hungarian Hi Power back from The Action Works

Quote Originally Posted by TiroFijo View Post
    Safety still looks too small...
    [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by obremski View Post
    Find a set of Craig Spegel grips (last I recall Cylinder & Slide sold them)...they're worth the money. Alternatively a set of VZ G10 grips, if you prefer slimmer grips, are good to go as well. You can also get a set of Navidrex grips from Brownells (Currently on backorder) - they might require a little fitting but they also work really well, and are a lot less expensive than other alternatives in general.

All of these options will turn the grip from a 2x4 facsimile to something that's really super comfortable. It's probably the biggest ergonomic change you could make to a BHP...
    I have the VZ G10s on my MKIII. They’re great. Even with the stock trigger setup, the gun is a freakin laser.

Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    I have the VZ G10s on my MKIII. They’re great. Even with the stock trigger setup, the gun is a freakin laser.
    VZs can look very nice on the right Hi-Power. I'm not sure the FEG qualifies. If I change grips it'll likely have to be something wood.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    VZs can look very nice on the right Hi-Power. I'm not sure the FEG qualifies. If I change grips it'll likely have to be something wood.

Yes, VZs can look pretty swank on the right tool

Yup.

Name:  IMG_0544.jpg
Views: 642
Size:  56.4 KB
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    Yup.

Name:  IMG_0544.jpg
Views: 642
Size:  56.4 KB
    MKIII pistols look good with them certainly.

Another consideration; does a $400 pistol warrant $80 grips?

MKIII pistols look good with them certainly.

Another consideration; does a $400 pistol warrant $80 grips?

I lucked into my DEEPLY blued MKIII for ~$650...look at it as less total investment.

The old Uncle Mike's rubber version of the Spegal grips were really great, but to get a set I'd have to buy the used MKII they were attached to at a nearby LGS.

The factory checkered French walnut grips look amazing, and correct, but they fit my hands horribly.
    Last edited by Chuck Whitlock; 03-22-2019 at 10:07 AM.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

I lucked into my DEEPLY blued MKIII for ~$650...look at it as less total investment.

The old Uncle Mike's rubber version of the Spegal grips were really great, but to get a set I'd have to buy the used MKII they were attached to at a nearby LGS.
    The Uncle Mike Spegel grips pop up from time to time. Going rate is ~ $100.

The Uncle Mike Spegel grips pop up from time to time. Going rate is ~ $100.

At that price point, I think you'd be money ahead buy a used specimen sporting them. I want to say I bought them new in the mid 90's for $20-$30.
    -Maple Syrup Actual

At that price point, I think you'd be money ahead buy a used specimen sporting them. I want to say I bought them new in the mid 90's for $20-$30.
    Yeah I'd likely buy some G10 grips from Mil-Tac before dropping $100+ for used rubber.

User Tag List