Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Hungarian Hi Power back from The Action Works

Quote Originally Posted by Sigfan26 View Post
    Was the stippling fairly grippy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It was grippy enough for 9mm. Some of it was lost during the refinish. I'm not a fan of stippling for the most part

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    I have the Harrison or an analog on several pistols including my P35. I pair it with a serrated no-outline tritium front. That is my preferred setup.
    Attachment 37932
    The Harrison retro is my favorite fixed rear sight and I'd have it on all my 1911s with fixed sights if I could. Of course, it is designed to fit the GI dovetail cut so it won't work on most modern 1911s without modification to the slide.

Looks nice on the Hi Power too.

I have the Harrison or an analog on several pistols including my P35. I pair it with a serrated no-outline tritium front. That is my preferred setup.
    Attachment 37932
    That looks nice. Might you be able to post another pic or two of the rear sight mounted to the slide?

On a related note; who's the maker of the holster?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

The gun is in storage but I’ll try to remember next time it comes out for a walk. The holster is an exceptional piece of work called a Watson by JRC.
    Ignore Alien Orders

The gun is in storage but I’ll try to remember next time it comes out for a walk. The holster is an exceptional piece of work called a Watson by JRC.
    Sounds good. Thanks.

And a nice pistols needs a nice holster.

The holster is an exceptional piece of work called a Watson by JRC.
    Now that I'm thinking about it I believe I've seen you mentioning the holster before.

My go to, for leather anyway, has historically been Galco or Kramer depending on the gun and how "seriously" I plan on taking it. Lately I've learned of Privateer Leather out of Utah and have just ordered my 2nd holster from him.

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Wes’ stuff is the schnizzit.

Privateer has become my favorite leather, especially for BHP's

I found this online. This is a FEG that was worked over by Cylinder and Slide.

Just sent a Belgian Hi-Power off to Karl Sokol today. I had thought about sending him a Hungarian but decided the Browning needed more love. The gun is in decent shape but has a bunch of holster wear. Plus the front sight has a ding in it.

I asked him for the $750 package and an extended thumb safety. I asked for matte blue rather than the painted finish. I also enclosed some Brownell's Navidrex grips.

I don't know what kind of turnaround time I'm looking at. I'll post updates/pics when possible.

User Tag List