Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Hungarian Hi Power back from The Action Works

Oops I forgot to include:

I fired a mag of 147 Gold Dots and about 50 rounds of CCI Blazer through the FEG bobbed hammer gun with no ignition issues.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Hungarian Hi Power back from The Action Works

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    The gun is in storage but I’ll try to remember next time it comes out for a walk. The holster is an exceptional piece of work called a Watson by JRC.
    @Tokarev

Last edited by JAD; 06-08-2019 at 06:26 PM.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    Thank you for the photos. The pistol looks fantastic.

Here are some pics I found on the web of a FÉG that was worked over by Novak's.

I wish a couple of these weren't so dark.

Anyway, it is interesting to me that someone liked the gun enough to have what looks like a full build done.

I replaced the grips today on one of my FEG pistols and found some fairly decent rust accumulation under the grips. I polished it out pretty well and also cleaned up the slight patina on the backstrap.

This got me to thinking what I should do with this gun. The bobbed hammer and flush cut slide stop pin are "keepers" and I'm thinking of asking someone if they might do some sort of Devel-ish restomod for me.

I'm not so sure I'd go with the Millett sights. Probably would stick with Novaks or maybe Heinie just to be a little different. Or use the Harrison rear and a gold bead front as already seen elsewhere in this thread. I am also not too sure about the 1911-ified slide stop. Does it not look odd to see the front half of the slide stop cut off?

Overall, the gun pictured above looks pretty nifty and is certainly a unique flavor for a Hi Power.

Here's something that used to be pretty common. A S&W revolver rear installed into a Hi Power slide. Note that the rear sight sits in the notch left from removing the fixed rear. Another option was to leave the rear in place but file and polish it into the slide so that it filled the dovetail. Something like this might be nifty too.

Just for reference, here is the FEG in question with its new Navidrex grips from Brownell's.

Last edited by Tokarev; 08-11-2019 at 09:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    I am also not too sure about the 1911-ified slide stop. Does it not look odd to see the front half of the slide stop cut off?

Personally, I think that may be the best mod on the gun. I find the original slide stops to be goofy, from both an appearance and functional point of view. The original is very unfriendly to a thumbs forward grip, IMO.

Note that the safety notches in the slide have been welded shut thereby allowing the slide to be worked while the safety is engaged. Neat!

Just received an email from Karl Sokol. My BHP project is complete. I'll get him a final payment check in the mail today and will post pics ASAP.

For simplicity I'll probably just start a new thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    I'm not so sure I'd go with the Millett sights. Probably would stick with Novaks or maybe Heinie just to be a little different. Or use the Harrison rear and a gold bead front as already seen elsewhere in this thread.
    The Heinie sights specific to the HiPower are the absolute nicest, IMO

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    The Heinie sights specific to the HiPower are the absolute nicest, IMO
    I kind of like the looks of the Ledge although I haven't actually seen a set installed on an HP.

User Tag List