Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: Hungarian Hi Power back from The Action Works

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Here's a Heinie gun from back in the day.
    That's my photo. To be honest, I didn't like the sight arrangement, even though Heinie's are my favorite sights. The amazing thing about that gun was the checkering and the beavertail. I sold it when I consolidated back into 1911's

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    I didn't like the sight arrangement, even though Heinie's are my favorite sights.
    What didn't you like? Partial obscuration of the rear sight blade? Marginally shorter sight radius?

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    I sold it when I consolidated back into 1911's
    What's this 1911 thing you speak of? Are they still making those things? I think I saw one in the Imperial War Museum in London some years back....

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

For me, if the rear sight is going to be milled in, I want the rear blade to be at the rear of the slide. the Heinie classic and slant-pro provide a sight picture similar to the Bomar. I like seeing a tall serrated blade.

Here's the heinie, trimmed up by Garthwaite, and installed on my Colt

Banned
    holding the head of Perseus in my support hand
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    A pistol with a bobbed hammer and what appears to be the Heinie Ledge rear.

That mag release solution seems like it’d kinda be less than ideal for carry as a lefty, but I’d sure love to try one out. I don’t think I’ve fired a hi-power but would like to.

Hungarian Hi Power back from The Action Works

I’ve got a couple of these hard-to-find pieces for a future build. They just need to be dehorned and shaped for carry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by theJanitor; 10-17-2019 at 09:47 PM.

I don't know how this rear might look on a Hi-Power but it is a nice option for someone who's got a Bomar cut wanting a "hard use" rear sight.

http://www.10-8performance.com/1911-modular-rear-sight/
    Last edited by Tokarev; 10-18-2019 at 11:25 AM.

Here's a Ledge install. What I don't like about it (in this case anyway) is that the rear corners of the sight overhang the back corners of the slide.

Here's a legless Heinie Ledge. I like it. The sight looks clean and proportional on the gun.

Anyone remember this hammer?

Here it is in a Browning pistol I had worked over by Karl Sokol.

I just had a C&S ignition set, trigger and "no bite" hammer installed on a FEG.

The hammer bites and the trigger slaps my finger painfully enough that I don't want to shoot it.

Are Hipowers/FEGs known for this?

User Tag List