Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: Hungarian Hi Power back from The Action Works

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    I kind of like the looks of the Ledge although I haven't actually seen a set installed on an HP.

I imagine the Heinie Ledge would look pretty close to this. Especially with the back overhang cut off.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Tokarev; 10-16-2019 at 07:43 PM.

Let's try that photo again.

This is a pistol worked over by Jason Burton. He says the rear sight is one he uses on 1911s.

Last edited by Tokarev; 10-17-2019 at 05:34 AM.

Site Supporter
    Have you been visiting "Louder than Words" ? Man, some great work to view over there.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    Have you been visiting "Louder than Words" ? Man, some great work to view over there.
    Is that board still active? It used to be "the place" to see work from Yost, Williams, Christiansen, etc. Last I checked, which was a few years ago, there hadn't been much activity.

Here's a Heinie gun from back in the day. I don't believe he's building guns any longer.

I find it interesting that he moved the rear sight forward a bit and recessed the overhang into the slide rather than blending it into the back. I like it.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Is that board still active? It used to be "the place" to see work from Yost, Williams, Christiansen, etc. Last I checked, which was a few years ago, there hadn't been much activity.
    Yes, I saw those Burton HP pics over there.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    Yes, I saw those Burton HP pics over there.
    Yeah I was just over there. Saw the Burton pics. He does nice work.

A pistol with a bobbed hammer and what appears to be the Heinie Ledge rear.

Site Supporter
    I have admired HP's like forever and sold off all but one. I disliked sights which had a high position on the slide because, for me, they detracted from the pistol's smooth lines. The HP has a super strong hammer spring. Some claim the reason is that this pistol was a European military weapon. Note this. The slide is light weight. The heavy heavy spring assists in retarding slide velocity. Hammer spring weight is the essential element in slowing down slide backward movement. Recoil spring weight is secondary. So be careful when replacing the original hammer spring with a lighter one. Also, consider using standard pressure ammo, not +P.

User Tag List