Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Another Light Thread: Doggy Duty

Another Light Thread: Doggy Duty

I read through the Surefire thread and answered some of my questions but wanted to ask for completeness.

I’m looking for a new light with a little more umph for night time trips out with the dog. We live on an acre lot in a dark neighborhood.

I’ve been a longtime Surefire G2 user going back to the 60 lumen incandescent bulbs. I also have a few of the old 200 lumen X and Pros floating around but haven’t bought a light in probably 5-10 years. I’m looking for the same simplicity of the G2, this is going to sit on a table by the door and be grabbed by me or the wife on the way out the door.

Is the new 600 Lumen G2 Tactical the best bet for a powerful simple point and click? I’m open to other brands and lights I’m sure there are new options out I’m unaware of but I don’t need the newest shiniest option.

Quote Originally Posted by Bratch View Post
    Is the new 600 Lumen G2 Tactical the best bet for a powerful simple point and click? I’m open to other brands and lights I’m sure there are new options out I’m unaware of but I don’t need the newest shiniest option.
    We currently use a SF 6PX Tactical for this exact same purpose. It runs just fine on a 16650 rechargeable Li-ion cell too.

A few years ago @JodyH posted a review of how handy the SF wrist light was and specifically for walking his dog.

I found it convincing and bought one for myself and two for family members.

It is definitely my most used light.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bratch View Post
    I read through the Surefire thread and answered some of my questions but wanted to ask for completeness.

I’m looking for a new light with a little more umph for night time trips out with the dog. We live on an acre lot in a dark neighborhood.

I’ve been a longtime Surefire G2 user going back to the 60 lumen incandescent bulbs. I also have a few of the old 200 lumen X and Pros floating around but haven’t bought a light in probably 5-10 years. I’m looking for the same simplicity of the G2, this is going to sit on a table by the door and be grabbed by me or the wife on the way out the door.

Yes - it is the best bang for your buck $59 on Amazon.

The fury is a great light but not sure the extra $$ are worth it for the application.

I would recommend the Malkoff MD2/M61 Hot with a DarkSucks clip. You can attach a lanyard to the clip.

Night time dog duty, at least once daily, twice during the winter months in a rural, wooded, mountain environment...

I generally walk the dog with the 70 lumen mode on. (About 16 hours on a 18650.) Brighter light is available with a click or two.

I am an unrepentant fan of all things Malkoff...but I love this headlamp. (And it can be used as a handheld or clip on light as well.)
    Last edited by blues; 03-20-2019 at 05:07 PM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Night time dog duty, at least once daily, twice during the winter months in a rural, wooded, mountain environment...

I generally walk the dog with the 70 lumen mode on. (About 16 hours on a 18650.) Brighter light is available with a click or two.

I am an unrepentant fan of all things Malkoff...but I love this headlamp. (And it can be used as a handheld or clip on light as well.)
    I’ve got a 600 lumen G2X laying around. Is the Malkoff 450 lumen drop in any better then the Surefire stock LED that came with the light?

Quote Originally Posted by Jay23 View Post
    I’ve got a 600 lumen G2X laying around. Is the Malkoff 450 lumen drop in any better then the Surefire stock LED that came with the light?
    As another unabashed Malkoff fan, I'd have to say no other than perhaps a smoother beam pattern.

Quote Originally Posted by NH Shooter View Post
    As another unabashed Malkoff fan, I'd have to say no other than perhaps a smoother beam pattern.
    Does Malkoff make anything that can up that light to a 1000+ lumens?

Quote Originally Posted by Jay23 View Post
    Does Malkoff make anything that can up that light to a 1000+ lumens?
    No. Need to roll with a different light to get north of about 500 lumens.

User Tag List