Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Where to purchase.....Colt SBR???

Colt standardized their rollmarks several years ago. Any LE prefix rifles are simply new old stock as since mid 2017 iirc Colts have been leaving the factory stamped CR.

Quote Originally Posted by rcbusmc24 View Post
    Have your FFL order one from Lipsey's (or elsewere) They typically have them in stock, actually they have multiple varieties of factory colt SBR's in stock. That way you dont get stuck paying for a NFA transfer (which is typically much more than a standard transfer fee) and your tax stamp. Not everything in the gun world should be ordered online.... NFA items are one of these things.
    Would if I could.

I’m kind of ina unique position as I’m working (away) for an extended period of time, and so have to go through a SilencerShop dealer to get the form 4 rolling before I return. My dealer is a small shop and doesn’t have an account woh any major distributors. It’s up to me to order anything I want, and have it shipped in to him.

Colt standardized their rollmarks several years ago. Any LE prefix rifles are simply new old stock as since mid 2017 iirc Colts have been leaving the factory stamped CR.

Alright. Thanks! That’s good to know.

I understand that. I've ordered guns from the bridge wing of a amphibious ship in the middle of the pacific on a sat phone before so.... hopefully the transfer costs will be negligible. Using a smaller shop that knows you tends to help with that some.

I understand that. I've ordered guns from the bridge wing of a amphibious ship in the middle of the pacific on a sat phone before so.... hopefully the transfer costs will be negligible. Using a smaller shop that knows you tends to help with that some.
    Yeah. He’s familiar with my situation, so it works well. As long as the CR prefix doesn’t mean lesser quality or....something weird, I can make that work. A little extra in transfer fees isn’t gonna kill me, to have an approved tax stamp when I get home.

Site Supporter
    That's just freakin' cool - here I thought my friend and I were badasses for ordering guns from our HMMWV during an FTX at McGregor range, after we finally found a hilltop where his hotspot worked.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_S View Post
    @ASH556

Do you know what the difference is between the colts with an LE prefix and a CR prefix....?

Spoke with a couple distributors today. Some have an LExxxx and others have a CRxxx. Leaving me mildly curious and confused.

I have one of each. I don't really see a difference other than rollmark.

CE is the prefix code that you want to avoid as much as possible, that's the code for the Expanse line, which is suspect at best....

CE is the prefix code that you want to avoid as much as possible, that's the code for the Expanse line, which is suspect at best....

They told me it was “CR” so, hopefully that’s what it is. Dealer has been made aware to inspect it when it comes in, as the form three has been filed as of today.

I did put eyeballs on an expanse some time ago. Bleh. Don’t want one.

Thanks for the good info!

Site Supporter
    Got in touch with a solid source inside Colt's. He advised no difference on the two prefixes.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

User Tag List