Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Where to purchase.....Colt SBR???

Where to purchase.....Colt SBR???

Looking to pick up a Colt 6933(?) or similar.

Anyone have a suggestion on shops that might have one in stock?

Only thing I’ve found online is ArmsUnlimited, and I have no idea if they’re reputable or not (don’t want parts pulled off and swapped out for non-colt, is the primary concern).

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_S View Post
    Looking to pick up a Colt 6933(?) or similar.

Anyone have a suggestion on shops that might have one in stock?

Only thing I’ve found online is ArmsUnlimited, and I have no idea if they’re reputable or not (don’t want parts pulled off and swapped out for non-colt, is the primary concern).

Thanks in advance.
    I've not ordered a complete rifle from them but have ordered several Colt uppers. All shipped without incident. Clyde Armory in GA has some from time to time but I haven'y used them before.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    I've not ordered a complete rifle from them but have ordered several Colt uppers. All shipped without incident. Clyde Armory in GA has some from time to time but I haven'y used them before.
    And you were satisfied that no internals had been swapped out?

And you were satisfied that no internals had been swapped out?
    Everything came in a factory box. Upper CH were cage coded, upper had same forging marks as some of the other factory Colts I've had in the past, barrel, bolt carrier and bolt were all properly marked. Everything looked correct but I didn't really scrutinize. Why do you ask are they known for doing that?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    Everything came in a factory box. Upper CH were cage coded, upper had same forging marks as some of the other factory Colts I've had in the past, barrel, bolt carrier and bolt were all properly marked. Everything looked correct but I didn't really scrutinize. Why do you ask are they known for doing that?
    Not that I know of, but given they’re substantially cheaper than what I would expect, wondered if they were....

Not that I know of, but given they’re substantially cheaper than what I would expect, wondered if they were....
    $1,100 seems to be in line for a 6933.
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

Quote Originally Posted by ASH556 View Post
    $1,100 seems to be in line for a 6933.

Ok! Very good. Thanks.

@ASH556

Do you know what the difference is between the colts with an LE prefix and a CR prefix....?

Spoke with a couple distributors today. Some have an LExxxx and others have a CRxxx. Leaving me mildly curious and confused.
    Last edited by Dan_S; 03-20-2019 at 07:38 PM.

Have your FFL order one from Lipsey's (or elsewere) They typically have them in stock, actually they have multiple varieties of factory colt SBR's in stock. That way you dont get stuck paying for a NFA transfer (which is typically much more than a standard transfer fee) and your tax stamp. Not everything in the gun world should be ordered online.... NFA items are one of these things.
    Last edited by rcbusmc24; 03-20-2019 at 07:51 PM.

@ASH556

Do you know what the difference is between the colts with an LE prefix and a CR prefix....?

Spoke with a couple distributors today. Some have an LExxxx and others have a CRxxx. Leaving me mildly curious and confused.
    I do not. All mine are LE prefix. Purchased in the last 2-3 years.
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

User Tag List