Thread: Training in Montana?

Training in Montana?

Anyone recommend any firearms trainers in MT? Any of the big trainers ever come through here? I’ve never seen any mentions in the regional forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pat Goodale

Google PGT. Mr Goodale used to train in Montana in the fall, IIRC

I've not trained with him but am trying to sell the wife a semiprivate, multiway session out in WV

Check out TacticMT out of Bozeman. Great guys.

Eric Pfleger is in Montana, but it's a big state, so...

Eric's FB link.

AAR link from Gunfighting 101.

Heir Pfleger is one helluva fine human and I make a point to break bread with him whenever I make it back to MT.

Training in Montana?

Thanks guys. I’ll check them out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Risto; 03-21-2019 at 10:21 AM.

+1 For Eric Pfleger.

He's a great Instructor and a helluva guy.

I'll second the recommendation for Tactic in Bozeman. Chris is a really great teacher, and has several very good courses, as well as doing private classes. He has a fantastic range as well.

tacticmt.com

Full disclaimer, 2 years ago I spent a year teaching full time for Chris and prior to that helped him out part time while I was going to school. I still try to help him with a class or two when I'm in town and have the time. So I'm biased.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by pyrotechnic View Post
    I'll second the recommendation for Tactic in Bozeman. Chris is a really great teacher, and has several very good courses, as well as doing private classes. He has a fantastic range as well.

tacticmt.com

Full disclaimer, 2 years ago I spent a year teaching full time for Chris and prior to that helped him out part time while I was going to school. I still try to help him with a class or two when I'm in town and have the time. So I'm biased.

Small world, I wonder if you were one of the instructors when I took Pistol I and II back-to-back in July 2017.

Great couple of classes, by the way. Pistol I would be a great course for somebody who has never even touched a firearm, yet it wasn’t boring for somebody who has been shooting his whole life either. Learned a lot during those two days, and am a much better shot because of them. Lots of hands on, and a whole lot of shooting.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by iveschris View Post
    Google PGT. Mr Goodale used to train in Montana in the fall, IIRC

I've not trained with him but am trying to sell the wife a semiprivate, multiway session out in WV
    I trained with Pat Goodale in WV a bunch of times. Highly recommended. He seems to do much less in MT than he used to. I'd jump on it if given the chance. https://pgpft.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff S. View Post
    Small world, I wonder if you were one of the instructors when I took Pistol I and II back-to-back in July 2017.

Great couple of classes, by the way. Pistol I would be a great course for somebody who has never even touched a firearm, yet it wasn’t boring for somebody who has been shooting his whole life either. Learned a lot during those two days, and am a much better shot because of them. Lots of hands on, and a whole lot of shooting.
    Jeff,
    I was out of town by then, I missed you by a couple months. I'm really glad to hear you had a good experience with them!

User Tag List