Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: New Automags (and 1980s men's adventure fiction?)

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    Maybe not for movie guns
    If somebody puts an Automag in a popular movie or TV show, that could make the difference between this newest iteration succeeding or riding off into the sunset.

This thread has drifted into an awesome direction. IMHO the best of the 1980s Mens Adventure fiction was The Guardians Series by Richard Austin. The first 8 books or so were written by science fiction author Victor Milan. They then jumped the shark massively.

Maybe we should retitle this "New Automags and 1980's mens adventure fiction?"

I don't think I can change the title, but perhaps one of our #shitmods will?
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    True. John Rourke also wandered across the nation on a Harley, destroyed apocalyptic Communist and Nazi regimes, survived the burning of the atmosphere, carried twin Detonics 45s in a double Alessi rig, took a long cryogenic nap- not once, not twice, but three times, turned a highly trained and dedicated Russian spy into his loyal sidekick and banged her when he was done.

But Mack Bolan was a sniper in Vietnam, mowed down wiseguys by the dozens, robbed the mob bagman whenever he needed funds for his warchest, evaded every law enforcement agency in the US, carried an AMT Automag, was a plank commander of Stony Man and used a 458 Weatherby Magnum as a long sniper rifle.
    Yet neither were named after a British attack jet, were a member of the Thunderbirds, selected to be an astronaut, modified an F-16XL to carry a dozen (or more) AAMs after a nuclear war and then got caught in a time warp where he wound up in an era that fought with jet biplanes.

#HawkerHunter
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    If somebody puts an Automag in a popular movie or TV show, that could make the difference between this newest iteration succeeding or riding off into the sunset.
    Only if it pushes original Automag prices above the price of a new one.
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Quote Originally Posted by BarryinIN View Post
    I have two AutoMags, a .44 and a .357. As useful guns go, they aren’t. As mechanical devices go, they are pretty interesting. The .357 is probably the better cartridge, but I guess since it doesn’t sound as cool, few people now know it even existed.

Everybody knows Mack Bolan is a wuss. John Rourke (Survivalist) is the man.
    What kind of splits are you getting?

Appendix?

Quote Originally Posted by Baldanders View Post
    Only if it pushes original Automag prices above the price of a new one.
    Oh $3500 only gets you into bottom tier, shooter grade Automags. Often they are the less desirable AMT versions.

You can easily get into five figures with Automags. A quick search of historical auctions reveals that about 50% of them have sold for more than what I paid for the truck I'm driving...
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post

Appendix?
    And, does it have a RDS?

Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post

Appendix?
    I got some fantastic splits the time it went auto in the Ransom Rest. That was twenty years ago and i think I’m still shaking a little over that one.

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Yet neither were named after a British attack jet, were a member of the Thunderbirds, selected to be an astronaut, modified an F-16XL to carry a dozen (or more) AAMs after a nuclear war and then got caught in a time warp where he wound up in an era that fought with jet biplanes.

#HawkerHunter
    The Wingman? My favorite book series alongside "Deathlands". need to start over on The Wingman.

Quote Originally Posted by medic15al View Post
    The Wingman? My favorite book series alongside "Deathlands". need to start over on The Wingman.
    Yep!
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Thanks to this thread I am now downloading The Wingman on my kindle.....

User Tag List