Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Studies Show that Current Military Tourniquets are Inherently Flawed

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    It also doesn't hurt that the people that run TMS are awesome (and not douchebags).Attachment 36322
    Totally agree! A few summers ago I interned at a small federal agency and needed to order some IFAKs containing specific items. Most companies were only willing to sell us their off the shelf kits but TMS was super helpful and customized one to our exact specs. I was a bit surprised by how disengaged some of the companies out there are...I mean I learned more about TMS's competitors from chatting with the TMS rep than I did from any of the other companies.

Is there something about the tactical first aid industry that attracts douchebags or is it just that there are relatively few players so the bad ones stand out more?

Site Supporter
    Good points. Since words mean things and matter sometimes we can get a little wrapped around the handle on the wrong words. Basic communication theory and all.

Very nicely put.

pat

Quote Originally Posted by 2xAGM114 View Post
    Shack. I literally just had SS02 Land Survival refresher about a month ago. The TACP washout SERE instructor had us "tighten until the bleed stops, then three add'l turns" of the windlass. "Hands-on" SABC is worse with very little mention of TQ application other than to show what it looks like, wrapped in plastic. Zero TCCC trained instructors in the wing (AMC base). Everything used in class was gen 3 CATS I believe.
    That's the big problem is that while the whole AF is supposed to be going to TCCC and ditching the old SABC course, we have a shortage of TCCC certified instructors. Our cop squadron has one because he's also a SWAT EMT in his civilian life, but my understanding is that big Air Force in general has a real shortage of well trained instructors for the new course.

User Tag List