Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Kramer horsehide

Banned
    holding the head of Perseus in my support hand
    Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    Girl you too fancy.
    Nah, I just like stuff that fits me and lasts and is comfy. 🦄

Quote Originally Posted by Rapid Butterfly View Post
    Thanks. I don’t know for sure. I’m guessing not, because I asked them about replacing the old style conventional snaps on my still in use 20 year old Kramer iwb3 for my old 92, with PTD snaps (which i remember as not being available when I ordered the holster back then, but I could certainly be wrong) , and they said no can do. The straps on that old holster are still just fine.
    I'm not sure why you couldn't take it to a leather shop and have it done. The male 1/2 on the holster body doesn't need changing, just the female 1/2 at the end of the strap.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapid Butterfly View Post
    I like the double mag carrier I got from them for this weapon, but I can’t quite get retention on one side where it’d be acceptable to me for gaming, and I don’t have much other use for a double (I normally carry one spare iwb). Then again I have the same issue with a kydex double, so I think I’m cured of my flirtation with doubles and will go with multiple singles for gaming.

Bianchi Accumold 20 beans

Banned

Kramer IWB 5 (appendix)

Got this today. Quite a wait, but one knows that going in. As expected, comfortable AF. Early impressions are the ride height is perfect; I also notice that the lack of a claw means I can’t get away with belts that have become a bit big due to losing some weight - needs to be cinched right down. That’s a good problem to have as I had getting a new belt on my to do list anyway.

I haven’t been unhappy with my JM kydex at all - to the contrary I’ve been using it daily. I just wanted horsehide leather because I like it and find it a bit more comfy. If extended use leads me to different conclusions on this holster, I’ll post back.Name:  4AA3EB53-C9D6-4679-ADFB-A5F5EF490EEA.jpg
Views: 451
Size:  66.8 KB

Name:  36000EF1-B751-431F-A2E1-DD00FCD2E4BA.jpg
Views: 416
Size:  64.1 KB

While it may seem a shame to cover over such worksmanship, if you were of mind to add wedge\claw functionality, you might accomplish such by:

1. Lay a 1.5-2" strip of sticky-back velcro pile-tape beneath the reinforced section of leather running from the sewn edge beneath the trigger-guard to across one slop of the sight-channel.

2. Layer 3/4" Velcro OneWrap strips cut to 1.5-2" and with rounded corners atop said pile-tape, running parallel to the left-most (as-worn) snap-loop as edge-wards as possible, so that the layered formation doesn't deform the coverage of the trigger-guard\trigger inwards. Ideally, such strips should be touching the edge of the leather, covering over the seam, and with the inner-most edge abutting the lower edge of the trigger-guard.
    Jules
    Runcible Works

Banned
    Thank you. I’ll keep this in mind if time in use convinces me I want to experiment.

Quote Originally Posted by runcible View Post
    While it may seem a shame to cover over such worksmanship, if you were of mind to add wedge\claw functionality, you might accomplish such by:

1. Lay a 1.5-2" strip of sticky-back velcro pile-tape beneath the reinforced section of leather running from the sewn edge beneath the trigger-guard to across one slop of the sight-channel.

2. Layer 3/4" Velcro OneWrap strips cut to 1.5-2" and with rounded corners atop said pile-tape, running parallel to the left-most (as-worn) snap-loop as edge-wards as possible, so that the layered formation doesn't deform the coverage of the trigger-guard\trigger inwards. Ideally, such strips should be touching the edge of the leather, covering over the seam, and with the inner-most edge abutting the lower edge of the trigger-guard.

Looks so good. Love the look of their HH. How’s the ride height? Looks like it does have the replaceable straps huh?
    Last edited by Isaac; 11-20-2019 at 03:10 AM.

I’ve owned a #3 IWB for a Glock 19 and remember liking it the brief time I had it but sold it along with the gun. I wanted to get another for my 43x however I’m seeing variable trigger guard coverage on the images I’ve searched. Some seem to fully enclose the trigger guard while others look partially exposed and I just don’t feel comfortable with an exposed trigger guard on a SFA. I wonder if I can request a full enclosure.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Isaac View Post
    Looks so good. Love the look of their HH. How’s the ride height? Looks like it does have the replaceable straps huh?
    Ride height is excellent...not a knuckle buster on the draw. So far concealment isn’t though, it has to be said; for me, the claw is seemingly necessary. I’ll try a tighter belt and different jeans, but if that doesn’t work, then this experiment will not have succeeded. No idea if the straps are replaceable. An interesting thing about the holster is the straps “float,” allowing the holster to move a bit. Adds comfort when seated, as intended.

Site Supporter
    QUOTE=Rapid Butterfly;956722]Ride height is excellent...not a knuckle buster on the draw. So far concealment isn’t though, it has to be said; for me, the claw is seemingly necessary. I’ll try a tighter belt and different jeans, but if that doesn’t work, then this experiment will not have succeeded. No idea if the straps are replaceable. An interesting thing about the holster is the straps “float,” allowing the holster to move a bit. Adds comfort when seated, as intended.[/QUOTE]

I used wedges to enhance concealment. The DSG muzzle pad pushes gun inward. The foam wedge pushes butt inward.

Attachment 45151

Name:  D22C6982-EFC3-4DA7-956B-FB5ADB94C315.jpg
Views: 359
Size:  51.6 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  

User Tag List