Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Kramer horsehide

Kramer IWB with Ruger Officer in 9mm

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I like Kramer's horsehide construction and the MSP paddle is the only paddle holster I like. One Kramer pocket holster for the J-frame was my go-to for more than twenty years, so the holsters are durable. I have carried a HK P7M8 in an IWB 1-1/2, which was designed to deal with that pistol balances. I also carried a SP-101 in an IWB#2. Great design. I do use nail polish to keep the Chicago screws from backing out of the nut and being lost.

The only negatives for me is the construction is thick, especially comparing an IWB#2 to the Sparks VM-2.

I think their pocket holster is best-in-breed. Their belt holsters are well made (I have four or five of them, including a 1996 Vertical Scabbard that I've damn near worn out) but I generally prefer Sparks. I do buy the horsehide advantage, particularly for OWB; Aratoonian executes horse better than Kramer but his design philosophy doesn't work for me.

Note for Aratoonian fans, he's got a notice on his web page that suggests that if you want one you better get it now.
    http://www.holsters.org/

Be aware that he won't mold a 1911 holster in cocked-and-locked.

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    I think their pocket holster is best-in-breed.
    Add me to this list! I’ve got a couple that are prob 20+ years old and still outstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    Aratoonian executes horse better than Kramer but his design philosophy doesn't work for me.
    I was unaware that he uses horsehide. As far as I recall he's had this on his website...
    http://www.holsters.org/holster-info.htm

12. Horsehide: In my own humble opinion, cowhide (aka bullhide, aka steerhide. See item #16 in the FAQ section) has always been the best natural material for the crafting of gunleather. My opinion on the matter, and why I don't use horsehide,

Edit to add: I think I did see prior to 2006 he did use horsehide.

Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    I was unaware that he uses horsehide. As far as I recall he's had this on his website...
    http://www.holsters.org/holster-info.htm

Edit to add: I think I did see prior to 2006 he did use horsehide.
    Yup. I haven’t kept up with him because he doesn’t do 1911s right; I’ve had to throw away one of his more expensive models and that made me kind of mad. That was in the mid ninties.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Banned
    holding the head of Perseus in my support hand

Railed 92s including LTT

Finally got this...part of the delay was I accidentally ordered right hand and only realized the last minute when they were about to ship - my bad but they were great about making one in LH for me and turning it around fast.

I like my kydex stuff, but love these.

Name:  5A5DF0C0-CDB3-4F49-8FAD-5733DC3696E4.jpg
Views: 389
Size:  55.1 KB

Name:  AAC3C1AC-9698-44C8-B263-62A9DA7AA858.jpg
Views: 407
Size:  45.0 KB
    Last edited by Medusa; 09-30-2019 at 05:47 PM.

Looks amazing!

Are the straps replaceable, like the Sparks SS II?

Banned
    holding the head of Perseus in my support hand
    Quote Originally Posted by Isaac View Post
    Looks amazing!

Are the straps replaceable, like the Sparks SS II?
    Thanks. I don’t know for sure. I’m guessing not, because I asked them about replacing the old style conventional snaps on my still in use 20 year old Kramer iwb3 for my old 92, with PTD snaps (which i remember as not being available when I ordered the holster back then, but I could certainly be wrong) , and they said no can do. The straps on that old holster are still just fine.
    Last edited by Medusa; 09-30-2019 at 07:29 PM.

Site Supporter
    Girl you too fancy.

User Tag List