Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Kramer horsehide

Site Supporter
    Kramer Horsehide=Nature’s Kydex.

My go to leather owb for my 1911 is a Kramer.
    Last edited by vcdgrips; 03-19-2019 at 10:51 AM.

Site Supporter
    RB,

Nice choice. I may have to go Kramer Horsehide if my SME for glock+red dot takes to long. I have been curious about what makes horse hide and kangaroo hide (the shooting glove I covet most are kangaroo hide, from Cabellas. They may make a great patrol/canine glove.) such great leathers for holsters and gloves, respectively. They are on my list. My list that I can't resist, of the best things in life.#80swimp.

Excellent choice of holster. I hope to have the same holster for a different gun sometime in the near future.

pat

Quote Originally Posted by UNM1136 View Post
    I have been curious about what makes horse hide and kangaroo hide such great leathers for holsters and gloves, respectively. They are on my list. My list that I can't resist, of the best things in life.
    The long and short is, both horse and kangaroo are naturally thinner than cow, while having the same (or in the case of kangaroo higher) tensile strength. In the case of horses, this is because of an underlying membrane that bovids (cows and buffalo) do not have that adds rigidity and structure to an otherwise thin piece of leather. When properly tanned, horsehide thus can be as strong as cowhide, but thinner in overall construction. It's also highly impervious to moisture due to this structure.

I love me some horsehide and kangaroo hide holsters. I'm wearing as I type this a beautiful Red Nichols IWB holster made of horse and kangaroo leather. The whole package is thinner and lighter than my Milt Sparks VMII, while simultaneously being much stiffer and firm fitting.

Banned
    Not horsehide but I got this for my 4006. I don't remember how long it took to get it (I think it was 6 weeks) but I do remember them calling me before they cut my holster to ask if I carried the gun with the safety on or off so they could form the holster properly.

Site Supporter
    I have had good experience with the Kramer belt scabbard, double magazine pouch, and shoulder holster. They are among the best available.

Their double thickness belts are good but I would prefer more holes with less space in between.

I found that their #2 and #3 IWB holsters add way too much thickness to the total package that must be concealed.

Their ankle holster is very bulky and very uncomfortable.

Their pocket holster is middle of the road. It works but provides little to hook onto the top of a pocket to separate the gun from the holster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Banned
    holding the head of Perseus in my support hand
    It’s nice to be spoiled for choice. I have some jmck kydex, like it, with more on the way. Options are nice. What’s the old saying - “it’s why there are tailors” - because the same thing doesn’t fit everyone.

But if I had to have one holster to rule them all, for me this is it.

I also have a pocket holster for my J-frames and double mag pouches for the 5906 and the M&P. The mag pouch seems to take up less belt space than other designs I've looked at.
    Last edited by BobM; 03-19-2019 at 07:20 PM.

The one thing with the 3 Kramer holsters I owned (#3 IWB and OWB Scabbard) is the sight channel were all cut off center. The front sights would drag badly. These were for SIG 226 and 228s.

I ended up getting rid of them. Other than that, the construction and comfort were good.

Banned
    holding the head of Perseus in my support hand
    I like the double mag carrier I got from them for this weapon, but I can’t quite get retention on one side where it’d be acceptable to me for gaming, and I don’t have much other use for a double (I normally carry one spare iwb). Then again I have the same issue with a kydex double, so I think I’m cured of my flirtation with doubles and will go with multiple singles for gaming.

Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    I also have a pocket holster for my J-frames and double mag pouches for the 5906 and the M&P. The mag pouch seems to take up less belt space than other designs I've looked at.
    Last edited by Medusa; 03-19-2019 at 09:01 PM.

Their single mag pouch is my favorite.
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

User Tag List