Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kramer horsehide

Banned
    holding the head of Perseus in my support hand

Kramer horsehide

Was really happy to receive this hh iwb3 finally today for my px4cc. I’ve mentioned elsewhere I’ve had the same Kramer iwb3 hh for my 92 for going on 20 years. They’re pretty magical, concealment wise, on my frame, and very comfy . Very pleased they’ve gone to PTD snaps instead of the older kind on my old holster.

Name:  D5084C5C-CF94-4DA0-8F93-5D92B5C60359.jpg
Views: 1227
Size:  66.9 KB

I once had a Kramer pancake holster for a G26 that was simply superb. Unfortunately, the sc Glocks don't work for me and it went with it.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapid Butterfly View Post
    Was really happy to receive this hh iwb3 finally today for my px4cc. I’ve mentioned elsewhere I’ve had the same Kramer iwb3 hh for my 92 for going on 20 years. They’re pretty magical, concealment wise, on my frame, and very comfy . Very pleased they’ve gone to PTD snaps instead of the older kind on my old holster.

Name:  D5084C5C-CF94-4DA0-8F93-5D92B5C60359.jpg
Views: 1227
Size:  66.9 KB
    Are the ptd straps leather? How thick are they; do they impact concealment for you?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Are the ptd straps leather? How thick are they; do they impact concealment for you?
    Yes, they’re leather. No, I’ve never had much issue with ptd straps pooching and affecting concealment. These are ostensibly 1.25 inch ptd loops but as I believe I know from my jmck stuff they work fine with 1.5 inch belts. My daily belts are Beltman leather 1.25 and 1.5 inch reinforced bullhide units, if that matters to your analysis.

How long was the wait?

I've been on the fence about a #3 and pancake for about a month now. Also very curious about how their AIWB would feel and ride.

I used a IWB#2 with a 5906 and a IWB#3 with a 4506 years ago. I also have a pancake for a railed 1911. All were great holsters but the 5906 is retired, the 4506 is gone, and the 1911 (Kimber Desert Warrior) is rarely carried these days. I'm mostly using kydex with my M&Ps the days but I keep thinking about a horsehide pancake for my M&Ps.

Site Supporter
    99 percent of my holsters are Kramer or Milt sparks. I do prefer the Kramer IWB for most days and a Kramer pocket holster.

Banned
    Ordered Jan 21, rec’d today.

To me leather is more comfy to daily than kydex, and the ”wing” they have on there really gets the weapon close to my body. These also stay open, as they’re supposed to.

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac View Post
    How long was the wait?

I've been on the fence about a #3 and pancake for about a month now. Also very curious about how their AIWB would feel and ride.

Site Supporter
    The Kramer horsehide products are, IMHO, the best value readily available gun leather products on the market. The designs are solid and well executed. The durability of the pieces that I have is impressive. As I think I've posted in other threads, I have over a decade of service from a double thick 1 1/2 inch belt that was horribly abused. The OWB/IWB/pocket holsters are still going strong. I think the first to crap out will be a vertical belt scabbard for a G19 that has seen the same abuse as the belt. Going on 16ish years for that one. I am getting ready to order one of their new AIWB holsters to see how that works. The Kramer stuff is all day, every day, professional grade gun leather. Not to say that brands like Sparks or other quality leather aren't GTG, Kramer seems to offer (for my needs) the best blend of durability, availability, price point and designs to cover most needs.
    Last edited by Jason M; 03-19-2019 at 09:01 AM.

I bought a #3 IWB and a 1.75" belt. Perfectly happy with it.

I had gotten them using their black friday coupon in 2017. I was able to use a 35% off coupon. My question is: do they do this every black friday? Because if so, I got more holsters I want to order!

For the record: ordered 11/24/17 ship date 1/18/18
    Last edited by Jay585; 03-19-2019 at 10:50 AM.
    "Well you know, it's a toolbox. You put the tools in for the job." Sam

User Tag List