Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: F-15 Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    Hollywood aside, as a practical weapons system it actually sucked. The AIM54 is a cool missile until you actually tried to hit something with one.
    Didn't know you wore NFO's wings........I thought you were an AF ground humper?

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    Didn't know you wore NFO's wings........
    They're Navigator wings in the USAF.

I don't know anything about their weapons, but it is a very cool plane and I did get a back seat ride from the Hawaii ANG while I was stationed on Guam in the mid-1980's. A great view from that cockpit.
    Last edited by JTQ; 03-18-2019 at 07:28 PM.

I always thought it was a superb platform and we should have bought a whole bunch of F-15E's and used them for nearly everything. An EF-15 would have been handy to have when the EF-111 went away. You can't have everything.

Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    Man, I've got to correct myself, I believe they are now called Combat System Operator wings.

I'm so out of touch.

Quote Originally Posted by rcbusmc24 View Post
    When I was in middle school I wanted to be a F-15 pilot in the worst way..... still think it is the best looking plane in the sky.
    ditto. and then I went to the eye doctor one day, and walked out wearing glasses. back then you couldn't even fly a C-141 carrying rubber dogshit out of hong kong if you wore glasses.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

I don't know anything about their weapons, but it is a very cool plane and I did get a back seat ride from the Hawaii ANG while I was stationed on Guam in the mid-1980's. A great view from that cockpit.
    I was going to explain, but whatever. Too many people wandering out of their lane today.

I was going to explain, but whatever. Too many people wandering out of their lane today.
    What would you like to explain?

What would you like to explain?
    How about some air force guy who isn't even aircrew qualified commenting about the effectiveness of a weapon system (AIM-54) fielded by a service he never belonged to (USN) in an aircraft he never flew in (F-14) and operated by an officer he never was (Naval Flight Officer), with a qualification he never held (F-14 Radar Intercept Officer)

But I'm sure Gardone VT knows all about the AIM-54 missle system.
    Last edited by Alpha Sierra; 03-18-2019 at 09:00 PM.

Fantastic slide show! Will be sharing it with friends. Read this book a while back about Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot: A Memoir of Air Combat. Pretty fun read. Although it’s an f16 in the book.

How about some air force guy who isn't even aircrew qualified commenting about the effectiveness of a weapon system (AIM-54) fielded by a service he never belonged to (USN) in an aircraft he never flew in (F-14) and operated by an officer he never was (Naval Flight Officer), with a qualification he never held (F-14 Radar Intercept Officer)

But I'm sure Gardone VT knows all about the AIM-54 missle system.
    You forgot- I’ve also never flown off of a carrier deck either.

Can’t leave that important bit out.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

User Tag List