Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: You'd Think I'd Have Learned My Lesson by Now

I know it'd be impossible to standardize the wild hog metric, but is it truly useless to consider that anecdotal evidence?

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    All of this is why I do my best to abstain from having firearms conversations with those whom are dubiously familiar with the subject.
    God yes.

Was at a dinner party a few weeks back. Host knows I’m into shooting so in an attempt to find a shared topic he starts in about the shotgun he keeps for home defense and, i shit you not, extolled the virtues of the sound of the pump action scaring folks away.

There was a time I’d have gone on and on correcting him, but what does it really matter?

I just nodded, smiled, and remarked that my beer can was empty and I’d be right back.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Cunningham View Post
    In my experience IT people tend to be extremely knowledgeable about firearms.
    Yes and no.

I do find a disproportionate percentage at least own them. And when they do they tend to own a lot of them.

Couple a tendency for them to have been bullied as a kid with the attraction to tinkering with inanimate objects with a tendency towards obsessive behavior with a desire to find an esoteric topic about which they can claim superior knowledge over their fellows, and it all adds up to IT guys being into guns.

I tried to explain to someone on Instagram
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nesbitt View Post
    This is where it started to go all wrong.
    Yep. Instagram/Facebook/all social media/discussions with other people about guns: all things I avoid

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    God yes.

Was at a dinner party a few weeks back. Host knows I’m into shooting so in an attempt to find a shared topic he starts in about the shotgun he keeps for home defense and, i shit you not, extolled the virtues of the sound of the pump action scaring folks away.

There was a time I’d have gone on and on correcting him, but what does it really matter?

I just nodded, smiled, and remarked that my beer can was empty and I’d be right back.
    Yeah, my friend that carries his XDm in his Crossbreed hybrid holster loves to state that racking his shotty is gonna make the bad man scared. It hurts...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tried to explain to someone on Instagram...
    Next time just stop right there.

Site Supporter
    I've mentioned this before. I was at the gun counter at Cabela's browsing. A man and woman were talking to the clerk. He wanted a pump shotgun because:

1. The rack would scare away ...
    2. Then he wanted some blanks in case the rack didn't scare away ...
    3. The clerk recommended some rubber buckshot also.

I attempted to say something but was given glares of hatred, so I wandered off.

Banned
    I'm not sure if this is on topic to this discussion but I got banned from Facebeast for 3 days because I called someone an idiot because they said Dr. Sherman House wasn't competent to write an article on a given self defense topic.

The Internet is full of unconscious incompetence

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    God yes.

"You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

User Tag List