Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RFI: Jeep Grand Cherokees from 2000 - present

Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Also, I’ve been very pleased with their lifetime warranty. It’s worth looking up if you’re buying new or can find a used one with it, as I’m 99% sure it’s transferable.
    I've never heard of *any* FCA vehicle having a lifetime warranty. I've surfed Jeep's page and can't find anything about it. Any chance you can point me to where I can read about this?

Quote Originally Posted by Mntneer357 View Post
    I've never heard of *any* FCA vehicle having a lifetime warranty. I've surfed Jeep's page and can't find anything about it. Any chance you can point me to where I can read about this?
    Pretty sure it’s called the Mopar MaxCare Warranty, but it’ll probably be a few days before I have time to find the details on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NH Shooter View Post
    For a daily driver you need to depend on, yes.

I had a 1996 Cherokee with the 4.0 and it was a solid engine. The extent of our "off-roading" were the soft sand ocean beaches of Long Island, where with P235/75-15 all terrain tires air downed to 15 PSI, it was amazing. I often drove in 2-WD until I buried the read tires, shifted it into 4-WD and it would crawl out with no drama. The vehicle itself was not very comfortable and handled like a truck on the road. It ended up totaled when I got rear-ended on the Long Island Expressway.

Our next Jeep was a 2000 Grand Cherokee Ltd. (also purchased used) with the 4.7 V8. It was a much more comfortable vehicle but the extra weight was evident on the beach. It too handled like a truck and at around 140,000 miles lots of things were failing: blend doors in the heating/AC system (required removal of entire dashboard to fix), blower moter failed (melted harness), pinion seal leaks on the differentials, and a bunch of other stuff that made me give it up as a daily driver.

My son has had three Grand Cherokees: a 1999 he purchased "well used" and past its prime, a 2009 which he didn't like too much either, and a current 2016 which he says so far has been the best of the bunch.

Based on this, I would steer clear of any 15 year old Jeeps as trouble-free daily drivers. For a weekend fun off road vehicle, hell yeah.
    I've owned 4. They generally did OK until they hit appx 135,000 miles + or -. Some made it to 150,000, others didn't make past 125,000. Leaks were a problem with a couple. No way would I trust a 15 year jeep as a daily driver YMMV

Quote Originally Posted by Mntneer357 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Pretty sure it’s called the Mopar MaxCare Warranty, but it’ll probably be a few days before I have time to find the details on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's what it is called. It is a "buy on" option. We were able to negotiate ours to be included with the purchase of my 2017 RAM. I had to use it to have some of the weather stripping on the roof replaced. I have 41k miles on mine and beat it up (even partially sunk it once playing in the mud) and have had 0 performance issues with mine.

Standard warranty on the RAM is 3yr/36,000ml limited or 5yr/60,000ml power train. I think all FCA cars are similar.

User Tag List