Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Balance between production division and social gun - Beretta LTT?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Fineis View Post

The new LTT seems ideally suited in the middle of these tasks,
    I think so. Favorite gun web boards question of "if you only could own one..." would've been a toss up between LTT and some sort of Glock for me, but you're already bored shooting Glocks. I love metal CZs and that's what I mostly shoot, but 40 to 47 oz, when empty, guns don't fit into "other than games" category for me, especially the ones that require manual decocking.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by Willard View Post
    What mods have you done to your P-07? I'm understanding there are some good modifications that can be made to this platform, but others may compromise reliability. Thanks.
    P-07#1
    CGW Prograde kit w/15# mainspring
    0.020” heavy sear spring
    0.220” roller (OEM was 0.2155”)
    Tool steel hammer pin
    CGW tool steel sear pin
    SS guiderod w/15# flat wire recoil spring
    Tractiongrips griptape
    Night Fision sights

P-07#2: mostly OEM
    CGW trigger return spring
    0.020” heavy sear spring
    CGW/Dawson night sights

With lots of dryfire and good lubrication, the two guns are very similar.

Running a reduced hammer spring with the stock firing pin can lead to light strikes.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

I have 10k of S&B sitting here, so I'm fixin' to find out. I took the gun down for cleaning tonight and the firing pin looked short compared to what I am used to. I bought it used and it's supposed to have an extended in it. I wonder if it's the factory pin, or a broken extended pin. Round count doesn't look nearly high enough to be a broken pin. I'll tear it down to find out this week.
    Hmmm the way CGW sells its kits it seems that an extended FP and lighter FP spring are always paired with lighter hammer springs. Be interesting to see what you find out.

I have 10k of S&B sitting here, so I'm fixin' to find out. I took the gun down for cleaning tonight and the firing pin looked short compared to what I am used to. I bought it used and it's supposed to have an extended in it. I wonder if it's the factory pin, or a broken extended pin. Round count doesn't look nearly high enough to be a broken pin. I'll tear it down to find out this week.
    Based on the fact that it's a used gun and you're not sure what firing pin is in it, I'd just start over, and buy an extended firing pin from CGW, and install that. I don't know how much experience you have with CZ's, but anytime you start running a lighter hammer spring you should also run a extended firing pin, these parts work together, Otherwise, you're begging for light strikes..

On my P07, I'm running a extended firing pin,&spring reduced power firing pin block spring, trigger return spring, and a #15 hammer spring, everything else is stock, and I've had no issues..

What @ralph said. And I would inspect it carefully for Bubba gunsmithing. Is there evidence of grinding on the sear or hammer? Polishing of trigger bar? Bending of trigger bar spring? Fortunately all the parts are readily available and Glock-cheap.

These mods are not needed, and I wouldn't want them on my gun--especially for a self defense pistol, and done by Somedude. Here's a link to what I did to break in my mostly-OEM P-07.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 03-18-2019 at 10:35 AM.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by ralph View Post
    Based on the fact that it's a used gun and you're not sure what firing pin is in it, I'd just start over, and buy an extended firing pin from CGW, and install that. I don't know how much experience you have with CZ's, but anytime you start running a lighter hammer spring you should also run a extended firing pin, these parts work together, Otherwise, you're begging for light strikes..

On my P07, I'm running a extended firing pin,&spring reduced power firing pin block spring, trigger return spring, and a #15 hammer spring, everything else is stock, and I've had no issues..
    The gun came from a good buddy (who is a M class Prod shooter) and has all the spare parts/springs, it's just a matter of figuring out what is actually IN the gun, because he said he was doing some swapping around experimenting with combos and doesn't remember where he landed. All of the CGW bags have what I believe to be all the factory pins and springs, I just need to compare them to what's inside.
    Last edited by Tom Fineis; 03-18-2019 at 11:45 AM.
    The opinions above are my own and do not represent any current or former employer.

Just wanted to make a correction..on my P07 I'm running the #18 hammer spring...just looked up the mag well to comfirm, it's the yellow spring... sorry for any confusion..

The gun came from a good buddy (who is a M class Prod shooter) and has all the spare parts/springs, it's just a matter of figuring out what is actually IN the gun, because he said he was doing some swapping around experimenting with combos and doesn't remember where he landed. All of the CGW bags have what I believe to be all the factory pins and springs, I just need to compare them to what's inside.
    Hmmm, I hate to say this, but if it was me, I'd pull everything out that he did, and start over with new parts, this way you know exactly what you have..for example, comparing trigger return springs,, the CGW spring will look almost exactly like the stock spring..how do you tell them apart? Luckily, parts aren't that expensive..The little bit of money spent will be well worth the peace of mind..
    Last edited by ralph; 03-18-2019 at 12:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ralph View Post
    Hmmm, I hate to say this, but if it was me, I'd pull everything out that he did, and start over with new parts, this way you know exactly what you have..for example, comparing trigger return springs,, the CGW spring will look almost exactly like the stock spring..how do you tell them apart? Luckily, parts aren't that expensive..The little bit of money spent will be well worth the peace of mind..
    I'm gonna agree with this. It's one thing to trouble shoot a pistol you know what went on with, it's quite another to figure out what someone else did. You're 100% correct that often there's no way to visually tell what's what.

User Tag List