Thread: Couple stages videotaped today

Couple stages videotaped today

A couple quick vids on a local match today. Really the first time I had anyone video a stage for me. Need to do this a little more. Pretty helpful to watch and see a lot of little areas that I can improve on. I felt like I was going pretty fast but after watching the vid, wasn’t nearly as fast as I thought. Lol.

https://youtu.be/eenaornX4rc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Govg...&feature=share

Looks like pretty damn good shooting to me.

Not hating on you at all, but it seems like you’re just barely jogging, rather than sprinting, between shooting positions. If you could speed-up or otherwise quicken those transitions you’ll be hard to beat.

Quote Originally Posted by ubervic View Post
    Looks like pretty damn good shooting to me.

Not hating on you at all, but it seems like you’re just barely jogging, rather than sprinting, between shooting positions. If you could speed-up or otherwise quicken those transitions you’ll be hard to beat.
    No doubt. I thought I was sprinting, lol., It doesn’t feel that slow but watching the vid is sure is. I need to start doing shuttle runs or something like that to get some explosive speed back.

It may just be the angle of the camera but I about gasped during the second video linked. Looked like a 180° violation after the plate rack built into the stage design.

Quote Originally Posted by fwrun View Post
    It may just be the angle of the camera but I about gasped during the second video linked. Looked like a 180° violation after the plate rack built into the stage design.
    This was a local match not sanctioned by USPSA. But yeah that was a weird stage. It was a corner bay and you had to be at the end of a box to shoot from that position. Let’s just say they were not very strict on that stage of breaking the 180 with shooting those plate racks. It was a bit strange.

Quote Originally Posted by Dismas316 View Post
    This was a local match not sanctioned by USPSA. But yeah that was a weird stage. It was a corner bay and you had to be at the end of a box to shoot from that position. Let’s just say they were not very strict on that stage of breaking the 180 with shooting those plate racks. It was a bit strange.
    Depending on the way the berms are laid out and where the designated spectator area is located you can exceed a 180 degree safety arc.
    I've shot a match that the berms were basically 350 degrees with only about a 10 degree wide entrance. The stage was a safe 270 degree stage.
    It takes a really good stage designer to pull something like that off though, especially if there's much movement because you have to be able to get inside the mind of the most devious gamer/shortcutter.
    Best to have a "box to box" stage where the shooting direction can more easily be controlled with target arrays and vision barriers.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Site Supporter
    Interesting to watch. My comment is that I badly screwed up my knee due to old age and arthritis this week. However, I decided to shoot the IDPA match. I told the SO that I would move at the speed of Chester in Gunsmoke between positions and my normally slow times would be glacial. My squad was sympathetic and told me to sit out taping and tear down. Be nice to the older gents. One stage that necessitated support on my bad leg to get around a barricade was exciting.

Shot my 1911 - still can shoot that with no trouble.

User Tag List