It was on the news tonight.
    Glad to be wrong, then.

As of 2AM, my brother, his family, and I had to evacuate[emoji17]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigfan26 View Post
    As of 2AM, my brother, his family, and I had to evacuate[emoji17]

Stay safe. Thoughts and prayers your way.

Site Supporter
    ^^^^+1!

https://www.npr.org/2019/03/16/70413...f-bomb-cyclone

It's the worst flooding parts of the Midwest have seen in decades, where several states are battling the aftermath of a powerful "bomb cyclone" which swept through the region, bringing blizzard conditions, hurricane-like winds, snow and heavy rain.

In Nebraska, Gov. Pete Ricketts said nearly every part of the state is experiencing historic flooding.

Nebraska has deployed helicopters to assist in rescuing those trapped by the high waters, and boats for travel across washed out roads. CNN reported that some people who were rescued suffered from hypothermia and had to be transported to the hospital.

The Omaha-Valley Weather Service office said a levee was breached in Nebraska's Dodge County. "This is an extremely dangerous and life-threatening situation," the weather service warned. "Do not attempt to travel unless you are fleeing an area subject to flooding or under an evacuation order."

With flood waters rising, officials were monitoring for damage at the Cooper Nuclear Station, south of Omaha, which serves about half a million customers. Mark Becker, spokesperson for the Nebraska Public Power District told NPR the plant will continue operating for the foreseeable future. "If we get to the next threshold, the plant would go to a shutdown," Becker said.

"A week ago, my backyard had a foot of snow in it. It's warmed up. The ground is frozen still. The snow is melting, and we've had some torrential rains, and that's created torrential flooding," Becker told NPR.

Wow.

Stay safe guys.

The sheriff’s office was a bit overzealous in their estimates. That being said, I’d rather have a complete false scares than one big surprise! We are back home (nobody has slept in 24 hours), but things are looking good (left vehicles packed with essentials that don’t require a safe so we can get out in 10 mins or less if things go south).

Anyone in Omaha? The wife has a sister there and she hasn't returned her call. She's a little worried. I can't find much about Omaha on the news.

The city itself is between the Missouri and Platte rivers so they must have some flooding.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    Anyone in Omaha? The wife has a sister there and she hasn't returned her call. She's a little worried. I can't find much about Omaha on the news.

The city itself is between the Missouri and Platte rivers so they must have some flooding.
    May not give exactly the info you are looking for, but you may try checking the nebraska roads website. They had road closures listed on a map earlier, and theres web cams on scads of roads all over as well. The state roads site should get you at least some info.

https://www.511.nebraska.gov/

A couple of items spotted at Instapundit:
    Photos: Nebraska flooding viewed from above | Gallery | omaha.com

So much for the Platte River being "too muddy to drink, too wet to plow..."

More evacuations in Midwest as floodwaters head downstream | wbir.com

Offut AFB flooded?
    Last edited by Drang; 03-18-2019 at 02:29 AM.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

User Tag List