Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Why is Reloading a Big Part of Many Drills/Standards?

Science facts with Father Time: no one who has ever had to reload in a gunfight wished they reloaded slower.

While as a civilian your odds of needing to reload are super duper slim, so are your basic odds of needing a gun, period. So why not be able to do it well, just in case your self defense scenario isn't a shooting, but a gunfight?

Site Supporter
    (when they try you get wet fart clusterfucks like IDPA),
    Since I am an IDPA shooter in a group of folks that have older men, I chuckle and resent that. It is too close to the truth. As Mas says for old men:

1. Never trust a fart
    2. Never miss a chance to piss
    3. Never waste an erection, even when alone.

I prefer IDPA as it is more sedate for my abilities. All that running in USPSA - not anymore. However, I will comment again on excretory issues. At our IDPA match, we were cautioned that if you have to take a dump, you should go up to the john. An USPSA shooter at their match, went in front of his truck, took a dump, decorated it with used toilet paper, so that when folks drove away, there it was. Needless to say the IDPA shooters were shocked to hear of this indiscretion.

I think group wisdom has covered why one should know how to reload and carry an extra mag or two. Is there more to be said to the OP. Go shoot a match and carry and extra mag.

User Tag List