Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How to NOT Blink

It is easy to supress the blink reflex with "normal" calibers such as 38 spl, 9 mm, 40 and 45. Even more if the barrel is not too short or the blast/flash of the load too marked.

With proper grip control and stance, recoil isn't an issue. And I never had to get someone to wear special (double) ear protection, the blast isn't large enough. Better to wear eye pro as well, as you should do anyway in all cases.

IMO, the psychological part is HUGE... relax, do it all in your mind before, keep calm through the shooting process, and blinking and flinching go away.

It is GREAT to see that front sight tracking.

Now, magnum calibers and heavy loads are a very different animal. You have to really fight the blink and flinch reflexes.
    Last edited by TiroFijo; 03-22-2019 at 01:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gomerpyle View Post
    If yoiu never seen a 45 flying down range, then you are in for a treat. So cool!

In fact, looking for the 45 may help your eyes register that your sights are rising to 12:00 or 1:00
    Yes sir. As i said. I want to SEE that 45acp slug travelling to the target and it doesnt mean a Bulls eye but JUST to know i am conditioned. Afer that seeing the slug travelling, I focus then with the front sight.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Tapatalk

User Tag List