Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "Dark Wing" - How Does It Compare To The "Mod Wing"?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Actually will soon. Working on a purpose built foam wedge right now, not a chopped up piece of holster foam. Final round of testing went well but I want a slightly different grade.
    Interested in testing one on my Orion if you have any around.

Replaced RCS claw on my Orion today with Dark Wing. Significant improvement. Wiggle is gone, grip is further rotated inwards for a more concealable package. For the 10 or so dollars, if you have an Orion already, it is certainly worth the money.

ETA - The owner of Dark Star Gear is also a class act.
    Last edited by Craw; 03-18-2019 at 09:14 PM.

Anyone have some pics of this new wing?

Quote Originally Posted by littlejerry View Post
    Anyone have some pics of this new wing?
    No pic, but I got a link for ya: https://darkstargear.com/product/darkwing/
    "Well you know, it's a toolbox. You put the tools in for the job." Sam

Can't wait to see comparison pictures between the Orion with a Dark Wing vs. Tenicor Velo

I received mine today. Initial impressions are favorable. While it isn't eliminating a wedge for me, it is allowing me to run a smaller wedge to achieve the same amount of concealment. My go to setup as of late has been either an orion(m&p) or ,for models that DSG doesn't cover(everything else haha), a JMCK 2.5 - each equipped with a phlster tuckstrut and a large mmt wedge. So far the darkwing seems favorable because it allows a smaller wedge which alleviates a bit of the pressure below the beltline, while maintaining concealment.

I will still continue to run a small size mmt wedge for two reasons. 1 - I still get a small amount of rollout without a wedge, thus not getting quite the degree of concealment I prefer (I run my stuff pretty high as far as ride height goes) and 2 - I like the wedge as a means to lock the holster around my pelvic bone/meaty area/fupa(?) to keep the holster locked in place, allowing me to run a single closed soft loop(eliminating the outboard loop, so no printing and whatnot in that area).

Right away, it is an improvement over current options. I disliked the raven wing, didn't mind the modwing, love the tuckstrut. I'm excited to see how the darkwing shakes out. So far so good based on first impressions.
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

My go to AIWB holster was the Raven Eidolon just because of the tuck and wedge for my food tumored body. Got my DutchRudder (TM) the other day and installed it first thing in the morning on my Orion before work. Tossed the holster and my koala pouch and went out the door. With the DutchRudder, I don't need a wedge anymore and it makes the Orion disappear and actually feel like there's nothing there. 13 hours at work and no issues, no discomfort, no shifting. Nothing. Now the Eidolon is in the Box o Holsters as it's Dark Star or GTFO now for me.

I’ve moved and prefer the new wing, it seems to keep the back of the Glock slide in tighter.

Name:  89C0847F-5D7A-4C12-A30C-19B93E0D07B6.jpg
Views: 897
Size:  49.5 KB

Thanks again, Tom.

Will this work on a Phlster holster?

User Tag List