Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: "Dark Wing" - How Does It Compare To The "Mod Wing"?

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Awesome!

Just wrote the check for the left handed mold yesterday. Four weeks out on the mold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sweet!
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

Site Supporter
    I just installed a Dark Wing on my Gunner Custom holster. We'll see how this goes.
    Last edited by Blades; 08-21-2019 at 11:03 AM.
    --Jason--

Site Supporter
    I was going to edit my post but seems I can't. Picture:

I also added the V Development Group DCC "Universal *Short Wing* Extra Clamping Force" and when they say "extra clamping force" they mean it. My old DCC clip was feeling weak, or I thought maybe I was getting stronger, but now I know it was weak.
    I need to drill a hole for my Dark Wing and add the second screw.
    --Jason--

Quote Originally Posted by Jay23 View Post
    Eagerly waiting on the left hand version.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay585 View Post
    +1!
    Lefty wings are here! Mold is being textured this week and we should be good for full production by 11/11.

Quote Originally Posted by Blades View Post
    I was going to edit my post but seems I can't. Picture:

I also added the V Development Group DCC "Universal *Short Wing* Extra Clamping Force" and when they say "extra clamping force" they mean it. My old DCC clip was feeling weak, or I thought maybe I was getting stronger, but now I know it was weak.
    I need to drill a hole for my Dark Wing and add the second screw.
    One comment on that arrangement. The wing will work really well on WML holsters as it is a longer lever, but it will also work to destroy the holster quicker as well. We have a Light Wing coming that will work with WML holsters and offer the same little quirks the Dark Wing has, and not increase the forces and moments acting on the holster.

We've already seen quite a few holsters break due the increased leverage.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

One comment on that arrangement. The wing will work really well on WML holsters as it is a longer lever, but it will also work to destroy the holster quicker as well. We have a Light Wing coming that will work with WML holsters and offer the same little quirks the Dark Wing has, and not increase the forces and moments acting on the holster.

Quick question will the new dark wing for WML holsters still provide the increased leverage that the current dark wing provides?

I don't speak for Tom, but I'd expect that the LC Dark Wings will provide the same levering and grip-tucking effects as the traditional ones; while also ushering in a return of the Old Ones from their death-like sleep in realms beyond the ken of human consciousness.
    Jules
    Runcible Works

Site Supporter

Good to know. I've been looking for a new holster for the last few days because mine has developed some cracks. and while there are a lot of holsters out there I need one that rides lower than the majority.

Quote Originally Posted by runcible View Post
    ...while also ushering in a return of the Old Ones from their death-like sleep in realms beyond the ken of human consciousness.
    Is there a list of bullets recommended for the Old Ones?
    --Jason--

User Tag List