Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CZ75 Shadow 2

CZ75 Shadow 2

Hi all,

I'm the new proud owner of a brand new CZ75 Shadow 2. I'd like to know if any of you guys have had any issues with this firearm, or if there's something you'd like to point out for a new owner.

if you dont mind I'd like to throw in a generic question: is it ok to dry fire?

thanks in advance and kind regards!

I don't have one so I can't speak of any inherent problems, but I doubt there are any. Any firearm, like any man-made object, can have a defect and in that case CZ will take care of you.

Dry fire the crap out of it if you want, you won't hurt it.

One Youtuber says it's his top gun of 2018.

Congrats!

Some models of CZ75, including the Shadow 1, do have issues with excessive dry-firing breaking the roll pin that holds in the firing pin block. However, since the Shadow 2 does not have a firing pin block, or the associated roll pin, you are good to go. Dry fire away.

I highly recommend the LOK Grip palm swell bogies instead of the flat aluminum stock grips. I also put a bunch of Cajun Gun Works parts in mine as well. If I needed to, I could live without all the upgrades except the grips.
    Anti-astroturfing disclaimer: I am the owner of Bagman Tactical (custom tactical nylon).

The early Shadows 2s has broken frames internally a lot, three of members here had that happen. New production have relief cuts inside.
    They like to be lubed. One of mine just gave me 10 feeding malfunctions in one day, before I realized it was dry.
    Those are the only issues I've had. I try to dry fire daily, no problems.
    Last edited by YVK; 03-15-2019 at 08:55 AM.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by archangel View Post
    Some models of CZ75, including the Shadow 1, do have issues with excessive dry-firing breaking the roll pin that holds in the firing pin block. However, since the Shadow 2 does not have a firing pin block, or the associated roll pin, you are good to go. Dry fire away.
    This is somewhat correct and mostly wrong.

CZ handguns with a firing pin block have a cross-slide roll pin to hold the firing pin (not the firing pin block) inside the gun. There's a shoulder on the firing pin that impacts against that roll pin when the hammer falls on the firing pin and there's no cartridge in the chamber to stop the firing pin. The firing pin block itself is held in place by the firing pin, not by the firing pin retaining pin. There are two options to dry fire a CZ that has a firing pin block without harming anything: use a snap cap in the chamber or place a small o ring in the hammer slot at the back of the slide. The o-ring there forms a cushion over the back of the firing pin and keeps the hammer from hitting the pin.

CZ handguns without a firing pin block do not have a firing pin retaining pin. They have a firing pin stop plate at the back of the slide. You can dry fire these without using snap caps or an o-ring under the hammer all day long. Neither the Shadow 1 nor the Shadow 2 have a firing pin block.

Easy way to tell if your CZ has a firing pin block or not

Pistols with it have a roll pin through the slide's rear serrations:

Pistols without it do not:

Thank a lot gents, I read a lot of knowledge and experience from these posts.

I definitely will go for the recommended rubber grips, I'm not 100% sure about the hammer shape it's slightly awkard to thumb it down. It seems however that it's the one providing the crispiest trigger pull, compare to other ones with the more traditional round shape.

have a great weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    One of mine just gave me 10 feeding malfunctions in one day, before I realized it was dry.
    Slide rails dry or too heavy of a grease will do that. A light, low viscosity grease or a heavy oil that stays put and they run like raped apes.

Saw over on the CZ forum yesterday, that CZ is now bringing out a Shadow 2 with the slide cut for a red dot, via different adapter plates..

User Tag List